Nurse Team Lead
Job position – Nurse Team Lead
Work location – Bama
Reporting to – Medical Doctor
Supervision of – Nurses
General purpose of the position
The Nurse Team Lead supervises and ensures the smooth running of nursing activities including the supervision of nurses, nurse assistants and paramedic helpers thus ensuring continuity of good quality nursing care for patients admitted within INTERSOS Health facility. The role-holder supports the implementation of primary and secondary health care, respecting INTERSOS values, policies and protocols and universal health standards.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
· Carries out the functions and tasks associated to his/her speciality, i.e. perform duties as a nurse/ midwife, whenever required or needed, in order to optimize the resources, contributing with his/her knowledge and experience.
· Implements all the protocols and Infection prevention and control procedures and supervises his/her team follow the same standards, in order to warrant the quality of the care and service in his/her speciality.
· Organizes and coordinates the activities of his/her team (week’s /month’s schedule, tasks sharing, annual leave, absences, etc.), evaluate their performance and define and ensure the needs for training of staff, in order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality.
· Carries out and/or supervise the (decentralized) pharmacy and medical equipment management (drugs orders, follow-up of the stock, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up of expired drugs and their destruction, drugs consumption, etc.) in his or her department, in order to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness.
· Ensures that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring that cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
· Carries out and/or coordinates administrative (exit-paper, transfer-paper, etc.), information and data collection (patient files, forms, statistics, etc.) tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project, output/ outcome and support decision-making.
· Ensures safety and hygienic working conditions for the staff (know procedures in the case of accidental blood exposure)
· Ensures triage of patients in waiting areas, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care when needed and referring to the doctor.
· Evaluates nursing activities to ensure good patient care, good staff relations, and efficiency of service.
· Observes nursing care (check that nursing care is carried out as directed, treatment administered in accordance with physician’s instructions) and provide direct care as need
· Manages the availability, correct use and maintenance of medical supplies, equipment and clinic premises
· Technical referent if required in the selection of new nurses, Assists in the evaluation and professional development of nursing personnel.
· Any other task as deemed necessary by the supervisor but in line with overall job responsibilities.
· Diploma in Nursing from an accredited institution; Diploma in Nutrition will be an additional advantage
· At least 2 years post qualifying experience in a similar environment; experience in implementation of nutrition program will be an additional advantage.
· Possession of a valid practising certificate
· Leadership, people management and development, teamwork and cooperation
· Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards and best practices
· Manages effectively his/her own time as well as flexible and available to work overtime when needed
· Good command of written and spoken English, Kanuri and Hausa Languages
· Strong interpersonal and team-building skills and excellence as a team player
· Must possess the ability to learn with speed and ease.
· Strong sense of responsibility, methodical and accurate with high organizational skills
· Honesty and integrity and able to cope with stressful situations.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 24th June 2020 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS does not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.