NUTRITION OFFICER- Nigerian nations only
Job position – Nutrition Officer
Work location – Magumeri, Damasak, Ngala and Banki
Reporting to – Field Coordinator
Supervision of – Nutrition Assistant
General purpose of the position
Under the Field Coordinator, the role supports the implementation of nutrition activities within the area of intervention. The role-holder supervises and train field level nutrition staff, performs on-going monitoring and support supervision of field activities, guides LGA partners on WFP policy and methodology, program planning and participates in staff capacity building. S/he coordinates the implementation of Severe Acute Malnutrition, Moderate Acute Malnutrition and BSFP (Blanket Supplementary Feeding Programme) practices and other supportive nutrition programs.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
· Implements the emergency nutrition response including the treatment of severely malnourished while following the stipulated protocol.
· Implements and supervises the supplementary feeding of the moderately malnourished under-fives, pregnant/lactating mothers, individuals with medical conditions.
· Implements a comprehensive maternal infant and young child nutrition program (MIYCN) Baby Friendly Community initiative (BFCI) approaches.
· Provides technical support to CMAM and BSFP program component within the community including ensuring awareness sessions, screening and tracking.
· Develops and supervises an effective mother to mother support group within the area of implementation.
· Trains and mentors the emergency response program staff and the integrated community health promoters through the identification of capacity gaps and carrying out refresher trainings and on the job trainings.
· Develops key messages in nutrition to the targeted beneficiaries, and ensure it is delivered appropriately.
· Offers nutrition support through counseling to individuals with medical conditions including Comprehensive Care Clinic clients.
· Conducts and Supervises nutrition-specific value-adding activities (SBCC, Home gardening, food hygiene promotion etc
· Implements a social behavioural change communication strategy at the community level.
· Plans and conducts mass MUAC screening of the under-fives on a quarterly basis in collaboration with the Community Health volunteers
· Compiles and submits donor and INTERSOS Nutrition Program weekly, biweekly and monthly reports of all the activities implemented, as well as prepare food requisitions.
· Leases with Supply Chain Department in logistical Program Supplies procurement and Monitoring Supply control.
· Supports MOH on DQAs- Data quality assessments
· Supervises regular follow up and management of malnutrition cases at the OTP/SC
· Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
· Bachelor degree in Food, Nutrition and Dietetics from a recognized University.
· Must be registered nutrition or dietitian KNDI
· Minimum 3 years’ work experience in emergency community nutrition and implementation
· Capacity to adapt to basic living conditions, patience;
· Experience in maternal-infant and young nutrition with strong BFHI & BFCI approaches
· Experience in nutrition survey and assessments
· Strong report writing and team working skills
· Knowledge in computer packages and basic analysis skills
· Ability to work in hardship areas (previous experience in a camp setting will be an added advantage)
How to apply:
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 26th June 2020 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS does not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.
- Ngo job in nigeria this july on food n nutrition
- nutrition & nutritionist urgent job vacancy In ikeja