Office Manager at Ventoven
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Ventoven is a shared services company, focused on offering top notch Human Resource Services, Procurement, IT Support and Accounting services.
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
One of the companies in our network is looking to hire a smart, organized, and driven individual who has a financial & Administrative background to join its team as Office Manager. Our choice candidate will be responsible for keeping the office operations running smoothly: managing office budgets. liaising with staff, suppliers, and clients. implementing and maintaining procedures/office administrative systems and oversee the day-to-day financial operations for the Company.
JOBS TO BE DONE
- Supervising, mentoring, training, and coaching our office staff and delegating assignments to ensure maximum productivity. Purchasing office supplies and equipment and maintaining proper stock levels.
- Creating presentations and other management-level reports
- Producing reports, composing correspondence, and drafting new contracts.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables and data.
- Prepare bills, invoices and bank deposits
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Perform bank reconciliations – the reconciliation of the bank statement against the GL and reconciliation of any assigned clearing accounts.
- Respond to audit inquiries in a timely manner; as required, make calls to the bank directly to clarify adjustments or to clarify items on the bank statements in order to reconcile activity or properly code it; liaise with auditors to confirm bank balances as of a certain date
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing a balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with statutory financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising the HOD on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 3yrs proven working experience in Office management
- Finance experience in managing projects
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets and accounting software (ERP software)
- Excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- BSC degree in related course
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love