General purpose of the position
The Hygiene Promotion Assistant is responsible for planning and mobilizing the communities for WASH activities, trainings Water Management Committees and communities on hygiene awareness campaigns and data collection that support the INTERSOS WASH team in developing new concept notes.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Ensures community participation in all WASH activities; Mobilize, train and follow-up on communities/WASH committees formed and/or trained by INTERSOS in all activities concerning WASH, ensuring good community participation, gender balance and ownership by the community.
- Plans for, organizes and conducts trainings for communities and committees through the development of Water Management Committees, School hygiene clubs and implementation of Community based hygiene awareness activities.
- Ensures constant communication with INTERSOS WASH staff to identify potential problems, formulate recommendations and solutions.
- Conducts regular monitoring visits to the field to follow-up on INTERSOS activities and ensure community participation in the activities.
- Ensures that consideration is given with focus on gender, protection and HIV/AIDS in water and sanitation activities.
- Gathers health and hygiene related information and report to Hygiene Promotion Officer.
- Liaises with community leaders and other groups within their communities.
- Conducts relevant needs assessment whenever requested.
Provides detailed, accurate and timely weekly reports to supervisor on activities, challenges and areas in need of improvement.
A minimum of Diploma in Environmental Health Studies or Social Sciences or other relevant fields with relevant experience and training in Hygiene Promotion.
A minimum of three years’ experience in WASH, preferably within the humanitarian sector.
Strong humanitarian commitment.
Quality: dynamic, autonomous, Proactive, flexible, take initiative. • Availability to work in targeted LGAs, Borno State.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in Kanuri and Hausa will be considered a plus
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application (CV, Cover Letter and Indigene Certificate) to the INTERSOS Guest House/Office or fill this form.
ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 15th February 2020 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.