Online and Retail Sales Manager – Africa at Hewlett Packard (HP)
Hewlett Packard (HP) is the largest technology solutions provider in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and worldwide. The company’s offerings span from IT infrastructure, personal computing and access devices to global services, imaging and printing. Our customers are virtually everybody: consumers, small and medium sized companies, large corporations as well as Government institutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Online and Retail Sales Manager – Africa
Ref No: 3070475
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Schedule: Full time
Shift: No shift premium (South Africa)
- We are looking for visionaries, like you, who are ready to make a purposeful impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future is yours to create!
If you are our Online and Retail Sales Manager for Africa , you will have a chance to:
- Serve as the expert to the partner for a wide range of extremely complex information regarding product, services, and software transitions, promotions, and configurations.
- Integrate HP offerings to become a key part of the partner’s business and solutions; May be brought in by partner to sell HP brand to end customers.
- Establish and maintain account plans to promote sales growth.
- Leverage partner solution stacks, partner intellectual property, and other capabilities (off-shore/near shore, etc.) to broaden the HP footprint in targeted industries and/or customers.
- Achieve assigned quota for HP products, services and software.
- Work closely with the category team to drive appropriate focus on supply chain elements.
- Transactional and relationship selling working within, and directing, a team of selling professionals.
- Grow HP business overall and HP’s share of business by developing deep strategic relationships with Retail partners.
- Create, fill-in and manage HP funnel for deals with partners and transforms potential leads into joint sales activities.
- Actively engages HP resources and senior executives to build strategic relationships with the partner which ensures long- term business opportunities for HP.
- Leverage Digital experience to best position HP in through the customer experience cycle.
- Work with Retail partners to ensure that HP’s visibility and customer experience is maintained.
- Drive a growth mind-set and align to market opportunities.
- Provide the business rationale and risk assessment for making HP investments in the partner.
- Work with largest partners accounts with a high strategic value or high risk to HP.
- Ensures that partners are compliant with legal and HP internal policy practices.
- May recruit and develop business relationship with new partners.
Education and Experience Required
- 12+ or more years of selling experience at end-user account or partner level.
- Experience as successful account/business manager, selling to CxO and decision-maker level.
- University or Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree or MBA preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Deep understanding of the IT industry, competing vendors, and the channel. Dimensions include competitive positioning and business models.
- Deep understanding of HP’s organization & operations, including key business rules, and alignment with HP go-to-market strategies, partner segmentation, key programs & initiatives, structure and business model.
- Deep understanding of HP’s products, software, and services. Able to communicate the strengths of HP’s offerings relative to competition, and overcome objections.
- Effectively sells HP offerings by building strategic relationships with partner senior management, principles and decision makers; aligning partner and HP processes; and promoting HP programs and offerings.
- Develops strategic plans with the partner to grow the size of the business and HP’s share.
- Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure coordinated efficient account management.
- Ability to motivate partner’s sales force.
- Coordinates and directs efforts across HP sales teams.
- Deep understanding of pipeline management discipline and ability to explain benefits to partners/sales teams.
- Digital expertise in order understand the on-line requirements.
- Any on-line experience and knowledge will be key to driving a differentiated value proposition.
Application Closing Date