Operations Manager (Catering) at Sunrose Consulting Limited
Sunrose Consulting Limited – Our client, a foremost and reputable catering organization, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: the Managing Director
- Our client is a foremost and reputable catering organization located in Lagos and with extensive operations across Nigeria.
- Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for all food production including that used for restaurants, banquet functions and other outlets.
- You will develop menus, food purchase specifications and recipes.
- You will supervise staff, develop and monitor the food and labor budget for the department.
- You will maintain the highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the food and beverage provision for functions and events
- Plan menus in consultation with chefs
- Train permanent and casual staff
- Organise, lead and motivate the catering team
- Plan staff shifts and rotas
- Ensure health and safety regulations are strictly observed
- Monitor the quality of the product and service provided
- Maintain stock levels and order new supplies as required
- Interact with clients
- Liaise with suppliers and clients
- Assist in negotiations with clients, assess their requirements and ensure they’re satisfied with the service delivered (in contract catering)
- Ensure compliance with all fire, licensing and employment regulations
- Maximize sales and meet profit and financial expectations
- Directly supervise the cooking of items that require skilful preparation.
- Evaluate food products to assure those quality standards are consistently attained.
- Interact with all supervisors to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of customers and clients.
- Assists in maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with established standards.
- Evaluate purchases are of quality and price are consistently met.
- Establish and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Ensure all staff is trained and professional development opportunities arise for all kitchen staff.
- Ensure that representatives from the kitchen attend service lineups and meetings.
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Skills, Knowledge, Education, and Experience
- Must have worked within the Food and Beverage sector continuously
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good Administrative Skills
- Basic IT and numerical Skills
- Excellent problem-solving Skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Highly Disciplined
- Minimum of 5 years’ management experience in a similar position.
Application Closing Date
19th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.