Optical Network Delivery Engineer at MacTay Consulting
MacTay Consulting has been in existence for over 28 years in Nigeria. We are a member of TACK and TMI, international consulting companies operating in over 60 countries and with a combined experience of over 80years.
Our global network of partners and experience means that our clients enjoy all the benefits of a local office, while drawing upon our multi…
Read more about this company
Optical Network Delivery Engineer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field ICT / Computer
- Familiar with MPLS-TP transmission principle, able to provision/trouble-shooting VPLS/PWE3 service.
- Familiar with Optical Architecture, and Protocols.
- Can get the order and with the ability to control and follow up with configuration/troubleshooting with on-site engineers.
- Able to do the network trouble shooting independently.
- Assist on correct procedures in following up issues, reason for the fault occurrences and their prevention mechanism.
- Good Telecommunication knowledge with emphases on Huawei Transmission Network, especially for DWDM&SDH ASON.
- Assist on optical network technical interface.
- Technical issue trace.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering with specialization in telecom or equivalent degree
- Experience in DWDM/SDH Network.
- At least working on OTN/SDH in the past 2 years, such optical network cut-over, data configuration /commissioning/ troubleshooting and optimization.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Know configure/modify ODUk, VC4, PWE3/VPLS service.
- Good communication with other department in the project, have base knowledge about another department.
- Must be willing to travel for long periods of time away from base
- Be on standby 24/7 for remote support as required.
- Be responsibility for the Risk management.
- Be responsibility for the Requirement management.
- Ability to workday, evening or night shifts and holidays as required
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work efficiently in a team.
- Strong membership, and experience with a variety of telecom projects.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.