Oracle provides the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Analyst 2 – Support
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job ID: 220006ZL
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
- You will provide Level 1 IT support to the Oracle employees, involving resolution of complex incidents, quality assurance and customer escalations.
- As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs.
- This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services.
- A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
- As a Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products.
- Your primary task will be to provide support to customers who contact the Oracle Solution Center and maintain high level of customer satisfaction while meeting guidelines (mostly through electronic means). Able to work with general guidance from senior support engineers and management and, in some areas, may work independently.
- Solutions often take time to develop through research, collaboration or problem replication.
- Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures.
- Assessment and resolution of interruptions or reductions of IT services
- Analysis, validation and documentation as part of incident management lifecycle
- Follow standard practices and procedures to identify potential system issues and escalate them if required
- Provide feedback on support delivered and current processes and procedures
- Attendance at various meetings as needed
- Communication within different levels of a business
- Other duties as assigned
- Technical Degree i.e., B.Sc Computer Science / Management Information Systems / Science / Engineering / Math / Physics / Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR Functional Degree + Technical Higher Degree or in lieu of degree may substitute 4 years professional experience & professional certification (i.e., CNE, MCSE, CPA, Oracle, etc.).
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in technical customer support area, preferably in a corporate environment.
- One year prior working experience with Oracle products (or at least two years related experience without Oracle products).
- Excellent written and spoken English, other languages advantageous
- Ability to do shift and weekend work.
- Proven ability to solve complex issues.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage routine and complex engagements simultaneously, producing consistently high quality results.
- Ability to make clear decisions and deal with stressful situations
- ITIL certification a plus.
- Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
- As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process.
- This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).