Packaging Technologist at Kimberly-Clark
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
To Lead In Attracting, Developing and Retaining Superior Human Capital That Creates a Dramatic Business Advantage for Our Clients.
The Vision is to remain as the reference point across Africa for proffering Human Resource Solutions.
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Manufacturing
Ref No: 817379
Worker Type: Employee
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
Time Type: Full time
- This particular Packaging Technologist job will suit a packaging engineer/technologist who has experience of working on the implementation of new packaging projects including factory acceptance trials and roll out of new carton and flexible designs and finishes.
- You will be an integral part of our Business providing leadership and coordination for Local Packaging Development, working closely with Regional Packaging Developers and Team Leaders, Procurement and Mill Packaging Engineers in order to help us achieve our business objectives around Innovation and Cost Transformation.
- Reporting into the EMEA Packaging Development Team Leader who sits within R&D, you will support the development and Implementation of packaging improvement plans. Working in partnership with our marketing team, you will lead the implementation of regional packaging improvement and packaging cost saving projects and as a subject matter expert you will provide your valuable knowledge in multifunction team discussion around equipment, distribution & other activity affecting packaging.
- As a packaging technologist/engineer, you will have experience of using quality tools such as Exponentially-weighted moving average (EWMA), Statistical Process Control (SPC), Centre lining and Process Capability Studies to ensure statistically valid Packaging Material, Primary and Secondary Pack and Pallet specifications are met.
- At Kimberly Clark we focus heavily on ‘think customer’ so you will participate in initiatives that aim to improve consumer satisfaction & where necessary lead projects to eliminate/reduce pack design sources of consumer dissatisfaction or complaint. This will be aided by your desire to represent the interests of the customer /shopper/chooser/user by interfacing with Marketing and Quality.
What We Need From You
- A minimum standard of a Bachelor or similar university degree in a Technical field.
- Sufficient experience within a similar role. Relevant experience must include packaging, manufacturing and logistics insight
- This role is available for local candidates already authorised to work in the role’s country only. Kimberly-Clark will not provide relocation for this role.
- Fluent spoken and written English commensurate with the role.
- Demonstrable experience of working in teams to effectively collaborate in a multifunctional environment.
- Proven leadership capabilities.
- Experience using tools such as; Statistical Process Control, TOPS, AutoCAD, CAPE.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
- New packaging technologist for new Lagos mill
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love