MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
MTN Nigeria is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Corporate Finance Manager
Reporting To: General Manager Treasury
1. Implement Optimal Financing Structure
Source for debts (i.e. long and short term).
Renegotiate existing facilities with a view of maintaining target cost of debt.
Review financial documents and agreement from advisers.
Review proposal and select financial advisers for management approval.
Ensure conditions precedent are completed and met.
Monitor banking covenants and reporting to the relevant agents as may be specified in the loan documents.
Review fees that are proposed and make recommendations to management.
2. Manage Loans and Facilities Administration
Ensure all interest and fees are paid as at when due.
Review and approve accruals for month and year end as it relates to loan and facilities.
Act as MTNN custodian of the medium term financing portfolio and ensure that all certifications, disclosures, representations, financial documentation and financial covenants are complied with.
3. Assist in Designing and Implementing Optimal Dividend Policy
Ensure all required approvals from regulatory authorities are in place (CAC, SEC, NSE and CBN Trade and Exchange department).
Make recommendations to management on the optimal type of dividend payable to shareholders.
Manage shareholders distribution (loans and dividend) effectively.
Manage concentration and pricing risk relating to dividend and shareholders loan.
4. Make Recommendations on Strategic Acquisitions and Divestments
Prepare initial dossier on the intended investment.
Determine the need for Financial Advisers.
Review any financial analysis and make recommendations on strategic investments.
Make recommendations on strategic investments.
Manage supplier credit and liaise with export credit guarantee agencies.
5. Manage and implement an efficient cash flow forecast tool for MTNN operations.
6. Manage MTNN shareholder’s recapitalisation process as it relates to Treasury.
7. Analyse economic conditions, the financial climate and changes in corporate requirements in order to prevent and manage exposure.
8. Work closely with Senior Treasury Manager on special projects especially relating to managing debt and equity gearing for the company.
9. Analyse inter-company transactions, loan positions and coordinate preparation of documentation, board papers and memoranda submissions.
10. Carry out Group and Stakeholders reporting on corporate finance.
11. Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
12.Identify training requirements of team members, develop program to address knowledge gaps and to enrich knowledge repository within the department.
Job Conditions: Normal MTNN working conditions May be required to work extended hours
A first degree in Accounting, Economics or any other Finance related discipline
A professional Accounting degree (ACA, ACCA, CFA, CIMA)
At least 8 years work experience which includes:
At least 6 years cash management / foreign exchange experience
At least 2 years in the corporate finance function in a reputable organisation in the Financial Services Sector or multinational corporate treasury experience
Experience in international trade finance, foreign exchange activities and cash management.
Familiarity with capital markets and financial investment securities
Experience with equity, hybrid or debt investments either at a corporation, investment bank, or accounting, law, tax, or investor relations firm
Experience in a managerial/ supervisory role
Application Closing Date
7th March, 2014