Partnership Fellow at Ventures Platform
Ventures Platform – We are a leading source of capital, capacity building, support and advocacy for under-served entrepreneurs, communities and institutions, enabling them enhance the creation of wealth and development in Africa. We are an impact-driven tribe, thinking people first at all times.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Partnership Fellow
Job Duration: 6 Months
- In this role, you will work with the Executive Director in managing the full range of activities required to research, prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals for the foundation. You will also be actively involved in stakeholder communication and management of all VPF Partners and Donors.
Jobs to be Done
Grant Research & Writing:
- Identify new donors & corporations to solicit for funding
- Work with the Executive Director to develop concepts for grant proposals
- writes proposals and secure funding from corporates and donors
- Lead the implementation of strategies that will grow annual revenue,
Donor Communication Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of donors and prospects. Builds and sustains relationships with current, new and potential grant-giving organizations and individuals
- Develop and write content for major donor communication pieces; coordinate the in-house production of pieces
- Write direct mail pieces for major and mid-level donors, as well as other special appeals; work with the Partnership Manager to coordinate production of pieces
- Develop print and online content for annual luncheon, gala and other special events for stakeholders.
- Annually update/write templates for “thank you” letters for annual donors, new donors, associates, and special letters; revise as needed
- Gather information and write content for annual and mid-year reports
The VP Fellowship
- … is the start of a journey towards building a successful career by acquiring the skills, attributes, and values such as positive impact, innovation, excellence, integrity and shared success.
- … is focused on forging a community of talents needed to drive innovative solutions around creating sustainable wealth in Africa.
- …is a community of Fellows bound by the same values and a shared commitment to creating an Africa that gives to the world by constantly holding each other accountable to its vision.
The Fellowship program will run for a dedicated period of 6months during which participants will be actively involved in executing real-life projects at the Foundation, access career coaching in the form of mentorship and scorecard evaluations, and access learning opportunities. Participants will be expected to work full time through the duration of the internship and will be bound by the policies and procedures of the Foundation.
What will you learn?
- Program Design
- Program execution
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Grant writing
- Research report creation
- Client engagement
- Story Telling
- Technical Writing
- Big picture thinking
Participants would also learn relevant soft skills in entrepreneurship, listening to understand, collaboration, logical reasoning, and design thinking amongst others, as these are valuable critical skills sets, needed to succeed in our today’s world.
Who is the VP Fellowship for?
The fellowship is for young talented people:
- Who are everything African Development enthusiasts,
- Who are passionate and have a track record of creating positive impact
- Whose personal growth ambitions are aligned with the kind of work that we do at the Foundation.
- Who have a good understanding and experience of the entrepreneurship/ development space.
- Exhibit a high level of maturity
- Who have done projects at some point in their lives
- Great sense of loyalty and is willing to put in the work required through the duration of the Fellowship.
- Who reside in Abuja