Pastry Chef at Bolton White Hotels & Apartments
In the heartland of Nigeria, approximately 30 minutes’ drive from the Nnamdi Azikiwe International airport,about 5 minutes drive from the international Conference Center/ National Assembly complex and the federal Secretariat. With 176 comfortable and stylish luxury bedrooms, en-suite self-catering rooms, great cooling system in all rooms, writing desk…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification OND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Catering / Confectionery
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for operating the pastry section of the kitchen while working closely with the Executive Chef and Sous Chef.
- He will also be required to plan production and develop seasonal offerings.
- Responsible to create high quality pastry dishes with the standard recipes and presentations in order to maintain quality standards and consistency of product.
- Also assist in production and maintenance of par stocks of pastry and dessert with proper rotation of products and maintain highest cleanliness and hygiene standard in the pastry and bakery section.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all day-to-day operations of the pastry and bakery section of the kitchen.
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes.
- Able to produce all baked goods including but not limited to artisan breads and rolls, muffins, laminated Danish, laminated croissants and doughnuts etc.
- Able to develop, design, or create new ideas and items for Pastry Kitchen.
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew hotels menus and engage the interest of customers
- Ensure excellent quality throughout the dessert offerings.
- Follow proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Decorate pastries and desserts using different types of icings, toppings etc. and ensure the food presentation will be beautiful and exciting.
- Supervise and coordinate all pastry and dessert preparation and presentation.
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget.
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking.
- Report all equipment problems and maintenance issues, known safety hazards, or unsafe practices and procedures to supervisor immediately.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Must possess a positive attitude and have the ability to work with a variety of people and in cooperation with co-workers efficiently and effectively
- Able to recognize superior quality products, presentations and flavors.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Operate and maintain all department equipment and report malfunctions.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in all work areas.
- Ensure compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety standards.
- Ensure Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are met for Pastry Team.
- Diploma Certificate in Catering / Hotel Management from a recognized institute or 5 years’ experience in the culinary or pastry section or related professional area with high volume food production.
- Good knowledge of different types of pastry, dessert, cake decorating.
- Possess professional disposition with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, days, mornings and evenings.
- Ability to work and deliver on quality and time with little or no supervision.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as email Subject
Submit CV at:
Bolton White Hotel,
7 Gwandu Street, By Sahad Stores,
Area 11, Garki,
Note: Only suitable candidates will be shortlisted.