Payments and Receivables Product Lead at Citibank Nigeria Limited
Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Payments and Receivables Product Lead
Job Req ID: 22544214
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Job Category Risk Management
Job Family Group: Product Management and Development
Job Family: Product Management
- The Product Management Group Manager is a senior management level position responsible for managing a broad range of Product Management employees, setting strategy and providing direction, leadership and budgetary management, etc.
- Additionally, this role will be responsible for the development of product plans, strategies, and tactics while coordinating product lines through product life-cycles in coordination with the broader Product Management team.
- The overall objective of this role is to coordinate the promotion of products to develop new markets, increase share of market and obtain competitive position.
- Manage a team of professional to accomplish established goals and conduct personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary actions)
- Lead strategic program roadmap, program/product launch, and marketing programs to gain maximum benefit from each product/program
- Define and launch new products, features, and capabilities including defining the product/feature and go-to-market strategy, and participate in technology development and market launch activities
- Manage external partners and/or vendor relationships, engage in negotiations, manage ongoing relationships, and prepare agreements
- Create and deploy profitable marketing strategies, lead conceptualization and implementation of key growth initiatives, and maintain current market intelligence on the overall industry verticals and competitors
- Assist in building new relationships in supported verticals using available tools such as industry publications, direct mail, internet presence, trade shows, calls, and strategic alliances
- Construct and ensure successful execution of a marketing plan spanning product, brand, acquisition, customer and retention, and improving performance, brand preference, and client engagement
- Develop plans and execute functional strategies for a country, group of countries, region, or business requiring coordination and integration across units as well as provide input into strategic decisions affecting job family or function within region or business
- Manage day-to-day product marketing for core products such as product delivery, client experience, and client communication strategies as well as help the team prioritize, negotiate, and remove obstacles to achieve business results
- Participate in development of client valued propositions, positioning, segmentation, pricing, targeting, channel strategies, and competitive differentiation to achieve preferred status as a partner to Citi clients
- Direct and oversee program life cycle including market demands, technology trends, and the competitive field as well as develop and communicate a business plan to approach the marketplace
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Bachelor's Degree / University Degree or equivalent experience in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Specialized Analytics or a related discipline
- Master's Degree preferred
- Working knowledge of industry practices and standards
- Working knowledge of strategic direction of the function within the business as well as a solid conceptual/practical grounding in function and/or area of expertise
- Ability to develop strategy, gather resources, and inspire a diverse set of individuals
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with banking and investment products
- Working knowledge of the different systems, theories, and practices relevant to a function as well as practical experience of multiple business cycles
- In-depth knowledge of industry and competitor products/services
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities