Payments Team Leader at a Global FX Brokerage Firm
A global FX Brokerage Firm is seeking a career minded individual who is highly motivated, and client focused for a full-time position and will be based in our Abuja office, within the capacity below:
Job Title: Payments Team Leader
- The candidate will provide leadership for an effective, pro-active and professional Back Office/Payments Team within the Foreign Exchange industry for the key operational activities including the management of the team for daily operations, implementation of systems and processes.
- Successful candidates will have experience leading teams in fast-paced retail environments.
- Equiti are looking to employ a bright, enthusiastic individual with a passion for finance, business, payments and trading verticals. This role requires a great level of attention to detail and an individual who is always willing to go the extra mile for their team and our clients.
- Candidates will develop broad skills to support personal growth and organisational success. The responsibilities and qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required by our company.
- A successful employee is motivated, dedicated, and constantly working to deliver a great experience for our internal teams and client. You must be flexible and excited about working in a fast paced, high performance team and company.
- To take a strong and active approach to lead the Back Office/Payments Team, being visible and available at all times. Providing guidance, instruction, direction and leadership.
- Mentor team members, identify lapses, and conduct training on the job to equip staff with knowledge of developing trends in order to build a highly skilled department.
- Ensure that members of the payment’s operations team adhere to company rules and work ethics.
- Create procedures and the specifications to follow for the execution of projects in the organisation and specify product requirements for operational success.
- Create and expand the current processes and procedures to improve the overall efficiency and documentation.
- Ensure that members of staff adhere to clients’ specifications in the course of production to guarantee client satisfaction, that they are reactive and comprehensive.
- Provide a professional, efficient, accurate and customer orientated service in line with agreed standards and processes. Prioritizing workload as required and ensuring all calls, emails and live chats are dealt with appropriately.
- Build a strong relationship with clients and team members in order to improve the client experience.
- Liaise with departments across different entities to ensure the Back Office/Payments team has all necessary information to perform their roles, cross train across entities to ensure adequate knowledge and cover is in place.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as assigned by the department manager.
- Coordinate monthly reports of the Back Office/Payments Teams performance and production activities.
- Facilitate interactions between the internal team and the hosted platforms for the overall success of the organisation.
- Work closely with the Head of Back Office and Global Head of Payments to ensure timely and accurate requests are dealt with.
- Point of contact for all Local Payment related issues or details.
- Assign tasks to team members in such a way that the more pressing tasks are completed first.
- Oversee the Back Office/Payments Teams daily responsibilities and co-ordinate annual KPI evaluations with Head of BO / Global Head of Payments.
- Manage local relationships with banking and PSP partners.
- Reformatted and Implemented reports for the finance team to reconcile PSP, new APMs and deal with settlements to the House accounts.
- Successfully co-ordinate and manage the delivery and implementation of payment provider systems which can improve operations; extensive compliance checks, client workflow and website presentation.
- Processing all deposits (Banks, E-Banking, E-Wallets, Cards, Exchange Houses)
- Processing all withdrawals requests (Banks, E-Banking, E-Wallets, Cards, Exchange Houses)
- Processing all adjustments, indemnifications and credits requests.
- Responding to clients and sales questions and queries related to payments and account transactions over the phone and through Zendesk tickets.
- Assisting clients with all queries and requests
- Provides adequate information about the available Payment Providers and solutions.
- Provide the clients guidance on how to use client’s portal to deposit, withdraw or do an internal transfer between account.
- Send holding emails o the complained clients
- Compliance, Risk and fraud checks – Carrying out various identification checks to comply with anti-money-laundering regulations.
- Liaising with banks and PSPs to investigate missing payments or anomalies.
- Handling confidential information in accordance with the Data Protection Act
- Report Technical errors and follow up on them.
This role does not require specific educational qualifications, but these are advantageous in the application process:
- Degree holder in any discipline. Major in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business-related.
- 3 – 5 years Team Leader experience in Finance / Banking / Customer Service industries is mandatory.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent management and attention to details. Being flexible and adaptable is very important.
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate on complex issues.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, computer operation and experienced with Excel formulas.
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to multi-task, determine priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced business environment.
- Has capacity to adapt to the changing market environment and work well under pressure.
- FX and MT4 knowledge highly advantageous.
- Proficient in all forms of communication externally and internally.
- Punctual, organised, natural leader.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online