Pharmacy and Supply Chain Advisor
Position Title: PHARMACY AND SUPPLY CHAIN ADVISOR
Reports to: CHIEF OF PARTY, TMEC RISE PROJECT
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
The Supply Chain and Pharmacy Advisor will Support/Lead the overall planning, implementation and delivery of high-quality supply chain and pharmaceutical care, pharmacovigilance and DMOC services as well as the implementation of an efficient health commodity logistics system for the organization in accordance with donor requirements and stipulated guidelines of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- · Support the provision of technical support in strengthening pharmacy systems and pharmacists’ capacity on pharmacy best practices and quality pharmaceutical care in the areas of PMTCT, ART, TB care, and reproductive health including ensuring drug inventory management across supported sites.
- · Support the state-level implementation, monitoring, service quality governance, and reporting of CPARP, CARC, and other DSD models.
- · Responsible for developing, maintaining, and improving a logistics management information system and an electronic inventory control system for stocking and tracking commodities.
- · Responsible for designing coordinated systems for the transportation of health commodities, reporting and forecasting delivery times and performing analysis to reduce stock-outs, eliminate wastes and lower costs.
- · Support the generation of RISE harmonized LMDs, tracking of order status, stock status analysis, and post-gap analysis for all supported states
- · Responsible for directing outgoing or incoming health commodities distribution activities of the project; ensuring health commodities or supplies are shipped, distributed, or received in an efficient manner and that all required inventory checks are conducted, and all variances reconciled.
- · Collaborate with the State teams to ensure LMCUs to promote and oversee an integrated approach to the supply chain management of health commodities.
- · Coordinate the pharmaceutical care and pharmacovigilance aspects of the HIV care and treatment program.
- · Support periodic training of pharmacy, medical, nursing, and other staff across supported sites.
- · Perform any other duties assigned.
- · Advanced degree or equivalent experience in public health, Pharmacy, or related health, medical, or social science discipline.
- · Demonstrated experience working with USAID/PEPFAR programs and strong familiarity with USAID reporting requirements.
- · 7-8 years experience in management, operational and technical expertise with a preference in HIV program implementation
- · Experience in managing Supply Chain processes and information flows.
- · Work experience in logistics, preferably in an NGO setting.
- · Problem-solving ability. Quick learner with a practical, precise approach.
- · Knowledge of geography
- · Good communication skills
- · Attention to detail
- · Ability to use spreadsheets and databases.
- · Report writing skills
- · Respectful, accountable, honest.
How to apply:
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified consultants should send their updated CV to [email protected] using the job title and location e.g.**”** Pharmacy and Supply Chain Advisor, Abuja “ as the subject of the email.
Application Closing date:
Close of Business Monday 23rd May, 2022
· CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
· The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
· Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
· Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
· We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
· Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
· JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org