Photography Laboratory Technologist at Nile University of Nigeria
Nile University of Nigeria is a Private Institution located in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria. The University was established in 2009 to provide high-quality tertiary education for the country’s ever-increasing number of secondary school leavers. In 2014, Nile University established its School of Postgraduate Studies.
Today, Nile University is a member of Honoris United Universities network, the first and largest Pan-African private higher education network. With over 4,000 students (undergraduate and postgraduate), 35 undergraduate programs across six faculties, and 47 postgraduate programs across five faculties.
Nile University is seeking to engage highly competent and result-oriented individuals with strong personal and professional integrity to join a dynamic team within the Mass Communication Department.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Photography Laboratory Technologist
Ref No: NUN-MCM-002
Location: Jabi, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
The Mass Communication Department seeks to hire a suitable Photography Laboratory Technologist that will help process, develop and review films. Specifically, the Photography Laboratory Technologist will be charged with the following responsibilities:
- Select and setup appropriate props, backdrops and lighting.
- Train students on editing, producing, and preparing files and films for appropriate shoot and editing.
- Operates various, photography Laboratory equipment in other to process various types of film.
- Supervise and train students in the practical aspects of photography using both hardware and software.
- Operate studio equipment to help facilitate flow of programs.
- Operates and troubleshoots photo lab hardware, software and equipment.
- Ensures proper handling of equipment in the photo lab.
- Performs Color correction, digital imaging, photo restoration, editing and enhancement using software like Photoshop CS.
- Perform daily and routine maintenance of the Photo Lab.
- Work with Canon digital SLR camera.
- Operates cameras, lights and computer editing software.
- Processes photographic film and digital images, using a range of software and equipment like Adobe Lightroom Classic, Adobe Photoshop Elements, GIMP, Krita, Pinta, Darktable.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Experience, and Attributes
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication or any related discipline.
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of (3) years experience in Photography, especially in the private sector.
- Membership of a certified professional body.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Time Management skills.
- Notable attention to details.
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Adept user of Microsoft office programmes.
- Proficiency in the use of software and equipment like Adobe Lightroom Classic, Adobe Photoshop Elements, GIMP, Krita, Pinta, Darktable.
- Ability to effectively operate the Canon digital SLR camera.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their current Curriculum Vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) to: [email protected] using the appropriate reference number as the subject of the mail.
- Please include in your application, a statement of how you meet the advertised criteria, as well as names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements and abilities.
- All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 1st July, 2021.