Plant Supervisor at Westfield Consulting Limited
Westfield Consulting Limited – Our innovativeness and excellence in service delivery has made us a first choice to our growing clientele in various sectors. We have successfully achieved a positive work force attitude, engineering a more motivated and committed workforce for our clients with notable results in target achievements and consistent increase in their bottom line.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plant Supervisor
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Plant Supervisor’s Job is to supervise manufacturing staff, coordinate and cooperate with various cross functional team for smooth operations of plant.
- A production manager is responsible for maintaining the accurate quality and quantity control to ensure the on-time delivery of produced products in order to satisfy the clients.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
Duties include the following, measurable in terms of time, cost, quality or quantity:
- Strategic Responsibility – To set the direction of the plant operation, achieve monthly / weekly / daily production plan, and prepare action plans for self and individual team members.
- Day to Day Management – To supervise daily shop floor operations and achieve production targets as specified on daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- To maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources;
- To facilitate corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- To ensure shop floor compliance with hygiene and safety standards.
- To ensure day to day coordination among various functions for planning, procurement from other plants, production & dispatch planning as per customer requirements.
- To plan for Manpower as per shop-floor operations and job allocation for the people on less production days.
- Operational Targets – To ensure key projects tracking on a continuous basis and submit periodical update to management.
- To handle, work priorities and allocating resources to meet the assigned shop floor time lines and goals.
- To enforce discipline, punctuality and safety as part of conduct among staff.
- To do periodic audit inspection and ensure housekeeping, safety, personnel hygiene and environmental compliance through implementation of EHS.
- Key Projects – To follow new projects as and when assigned for improvement and take responsibility for its successful execution after approval from Factory Manager and GM Operations.
- People Management – To manage effective communication by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff, providing of formal and informal feedback on performance and training needs – in order to maximize subordinate and department performance.
- Reporting – To prepare all applicable reports in time for accuracy and in order to ensure that they match the functional requirements, policies and standards.
- Safety Health & Environment – To ensure compliance to all relevant safety, health and environmental procedures across the department in order to promote a healthy and safe work environment.
- Related Assignment – To perform other related duties or assignment as and when assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Paint / Chemicals / Chemistry with hands on experience in handling paint / coating shop floor.
- The applicant must have good knowledge about ISO, HACCP and Other applicable international standards.
- Experience: minimum of 5 years and more would be needed with team handling experience of minimum 10 – 20 people.
Application Closing Date
1st May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.