Policy Advocacy Fellow at Ventures Platform
Ventures Platform – We are a leading source of capital, capacity building, support and advocacy for under-served entrepreneurs, communities and institutions, enabling them enhance the creation of wealth and development in Africa. We are an impact-driven tribe, thinking people first at all times.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Policy Advocacy Fellow
Duration: 6 Months Fellowship
- Our team is growing and we are looking to engage a smart and articulate candidate to join our team as Policy Advocacy Fellow.
Our choice candidate will support the Director of Design, Strategy and Quality Control in carrying out the following responsibilities:
- Providing assistance with logistics and administering regular policy programs
- Conducting relevant research
- Providing assistance with the production of regular departmental report
- Providing assistance with the implementation of communication plans for the department
- Assisting with grant research and proposal writing
- Assembling, interpreting, and analyzing information
- working effectively with other stakeholders
- Developing policy campaign and media outreach initiatives
- Drafts edits and distributes compelling content including statements, releases, and emails
- Serves as a backup for digital communication initiatives
- Perform any other strategic duties as may be required by the department.
The VP Fellowship
- Is the start of a journey towards building a successful career by acquiring the skills, attributes, and values such as positive impact, innovation, excellence, integrity and shared success.
- Is focused on forging a community of talents needed to drive innovative solutions around creating sustainable wealth in Africa.
- Is a community of Fellows bound by the same values and a shared commitment to creating an Africa that gives to the world by constantly holding each other accountable to its vision.
The Fellowship program will run for a dedicated period of 6months during which participants will be actively involved in executing real-life projects at the Foundation, access career coaching in the form of mentorship and scorecard evaluations, and access learning opportunities. Participants will be expected to work full time through the duration of the internship and will be bound by the policies and procedures of the Foundation.
What will you learn?
- Program Design
- Program execution
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Grant writing
- Research report creation
- Client engagement
- Story Telling
- Technical Writing
- Big picture thinking
Participants would also learn relevant soft skills in entrepreneurship, listening to understand, collaboration, logical reasoning, and design thinking amongst others, as these are valuable critical skills sets, needed to succeed in our today’s world.
Who is the VP Fellowship for?
The fellowship is for young talented people:
- Who are everything African Development enthusiasts,
- Who are passionate and have a track record of creating positive impact
- Whose personal growth ambitions are aligned with the kind of work that we do at the Foundation.
- Who have a good understanding and experience of the entrepreneurship/ development space.
- Exhibit a high level of maturity
- Who have done projects at some point in their lives
- Great sense of loyalty and is willing to put in the work required through the duration of the Fellowship.
- Who reside in Abuja.
Skills & Requirements
- A University Degree in Law, Public Policy or Social Sciences
- A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Must possess demonstrated skills and abilities in:
- Research & Analysis
- Writing & Verbal Communication
- Program Management
- Policy advocacy & campaigning
- Diverse Media Engagement
- Digital Communications
- Business Development
- Must be proactive & Intuitive.