MacTay Consulting – We are one of the first and leading management consulting firm in Nigeria, providing HR services to our clients in Africa since 1982. We focus on adding value to organisations through customized solutions that meet our clients’ needs. We have a proven track record of providing excellent services that impact our clients’ businesses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Portfolio Manager
Locations: Abuja, Lagos and Port Harcourt – Rivers.
Job Objective / Summary
- To act independently within established investment policy guidelines to develop, recommend, and execute investment programs designed to achieve the objectives of large and complex client accounts.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
- Develop new sources of asset management revenue through frequent contact, usually for portfolios/relationships of a substantial size and complexity.
- Build client relationships to develop investment objectives and implement a suitable investment plan and maintain an Investment Policy Statement for each relationship.
- Working with client advisors, participate in the development of new business opportunities by meeting with prospects, preparing and presenting proposals for investment management.
- Interpret the intentions of any trust or agency agreement and build an investment policy to accomplish those objectives.
- Invest assets according to investment policy guidelines to deliver a competitive rate of return within the given level of risk.
- Regularly engage with other members of the Wealth Management Team and external advisors to ensure effective communication regarding client objectives and coordinate portfolio changes.
- Maintain awareness of new investment strategies, techniques and products through regular contact with other industry professionals and through internal and external research.
- Keep informed of market trends and analyze the effect of these trends on clients investment portfolios.
- Keep current on the legal and tax issues with respect to investment decisions by consulting attorneys, accountants and other resources as needed.
- Follow established investment policies and procedures including annual account reviews and working to minimize and/or document exceptions.
- Any other assignment as may be assigned by your supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent
- A good First Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field
- Advanced Degree such as an MBA or CFA will be an added advantage.
- Solid communication and presentation skills are required.
- 3 to 6 years of experience involving money management, including investment decision-making.
Skills & Competencies:
- Negotiation Ability
- Team spirit
- IT savvy
- Ability to influence others to do what is ethically right.
- Must possess good listening skills.
Application Closing Date
25th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online