Procurement Officer – Buyer at A Reputable Oil & Gas Company
GUS Consulting Ltd is a dynamic provider of value-adding services to the oil & gas, energy & maritime industries. Over the years, our service delivery method has remained of the highest industry standard. Utilizing local expertise, we aim to deliver superior and unrivalled services driven by state of the art industry practices and our clients’ requir…
Read more about this company
Procurement Officer – Buyer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Delta
- Job Field Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
Our client, a reputable Oil & Gas company in Warri is looking to hire a Procurement Officer/Buyer. You will oversee administering procurement functions, such as sourcing and buying to ensure timely and cost-effective acquisition of equipment or materials for the company.
- Source for all equipment and materials required by the company.
- Buy all materials required by the company in her daily operations.
- Carry out functions within the limit of the company’s procedure and guidelines of procurement.
- Identify potential sources of equipment and materials required by the company
- Send out request for quotations (RFQs).
- Generate vendor selection list.
- Negotiate with vendors for the best price over purchases
- Chart bids and analyses same.
- Prepare EXCOs and LPOs for approved requisitions.
- Ensure strict adherence to HSE policies and procedures and that safe work methods applied.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by your supervisor/line manager.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of HND / B.Sc in and degree
- Possession/In pursuit of a professional certification in Purchasing and Supply (Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply – CIPS) United Kingdom or Nigerian Chapter.
- Minimum of 3 years Post Graduation and 1 year in Supply Chain
- Analytical skill
- Strong attention to details
- Good negotiation skills
- Good communication skill
- Must be proactive
- Ability to meet up with deadlines
- Knowledge of supply and chain management
- Knowledge of market value and prices
- Knowledge of vendors and suppliers
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should send their CVs to: [email protected] using “Procurement Officer – Warri” as the subject of the mail.