Procurement Officer (School Environment) at Aldelia Group
Aldelia Group is a world leader in Permanent and Contract Staffing and Payroll Solutions services, a specialist Oil & Gas, Manpower and Project Services consultancy operating extensively in Europe, the Middle East, South East Asia, Africa and South America with Offices in London, Dubai, Brazil, Iraq, Kurdistan, Singapore and Nigeria, our major Oil Exploration and Production companies including ENI, Shell, TOTAL, Petrobras and Odebrecht.
Procurement Officer (School Environment)
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job Field
Education / Teaching
Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
- We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized procurement officer to oversee purchases and develop new contracts
- In this position, the post holder will play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost efficient supplies for the school.
- The post holder will run the procurement function in accordance policy/guidance and in compliance with appropriate legislation.
Key Responsibilities and Capabilities
- Proactively work with budget holders, to develop and evacuate the aspects of their plans which involve purchasing and sourcing.
- Participate in the preparation of annual budget and periodic forecasts for all major procurement and sourcing items.
- Identify major procurement and sourcing opportunities and deliver cost savings initiatives, quality and highest value for money.
- Lead the engagement with department heads and budget holders on value and benefits of robust procurement planning.
- Lead negotiations with suppliers/contractors and their selection process – key terms should include product or service, SLAs, price, quality, delivery and payment terms.
- Develop and roll out to vendors’ standard and conditions for doing business and ensure these are negotiated into all future and renewable contracts.
- Introduce and manage formal tendering process for major sourcing contracts. Achieve significant reduction in purchasing via petty cash without compromising efficiency of day2day operations.
- Ensure contracts are completed for all relevant agreements and that the SLAs are agreed with the senior leadership team (SLT).
- Manage adherence to SLA by vendors.
- provides outstanding education that inspires leadership traits as it focuses on the individual child’s ability to excel in the global world
- Ensure compliance procurement policy and process at all times
- Provide training for new staff and refresher training for existing staff on the procurement systems, policies and their benefits
- Develop a contract database for all existing, ongoing and future suppliers and service providers.
- Participate in the implementation of eProcurement system
- In collaboration with IT, manage and develop procurement systems.
- Management Services and Administration Provide the SLIT. BoG, sub-committees and budget holders with monthly procurement and sourcing summaries including cost savings.
- Introduce and manage proper requisition, purchase order, invoicing and delivery recording process. In collaboration with the SLT, change the procurement culture
- Provide active benchmarks data and analysis to show continuous achievement, value in procurement and sourcing.
- Participate in the periodic physical verification of inventory in stores and reconciliation of outcome to financial records.
- Maintain and manage all procurement policies of the school. Ensure the efficient and effective running of the procurement department.
- Actively monitor the external environment, be fully aware of changes in the inflationary and purchasing environment and provide proactive advice to the SLT and the BoG.
- Development and performance management of procurement and stores staff, identifying training needs and requirements for professional development.
- Participate in regular meetings, training and other learning activities.
- Support the Business Manager/CFO, Principal, SLT and BoG with relevant requests.
- Cooperate fully with the internal and external auditors and processes.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement or Accounting
- At least 3 years experience in a directly related role
- Qualified CIPS with 5 years PQE (Part-qualified with solid experience will be considered)
- Track record of success in purchasing and or supply/chain operations.
- Experience in online procurement systems (e.g. eProcurement, Ariba, Oracle. etc.)
- Negotiation, persuasion, communication and people management skills.
- Experience working in a school environment.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.