Product Manager at Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN)
Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) is a fast-growing B2B / B2G Fintech Platform Holdco Company with six subsidiaries, two platform entities and a suite of shared services offered to all subsidiaries. At VGN we wage war against the average, go beyond the ordinary to explore limitless opportunities; breaking the norms and aggressively pursuing success through- Relentless Hard-work, Pursuit of excellence, calculated risk-taking and a hunger for knowledge and we have a lot of fun at it!
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Manager
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job type: Full-time
- Venture Garden Group is searching for a a competent Product Manager that has Experience as a product owner or manager of a top tier / premium quality Fintech product.
- Evidence of Deep understanding of bank and fintech operations, structures, regulations and corporate banking relationships management
- Develop a team of product officers.
- Product thought leader on a platform including requirements, prioritization, and the roadmap
- Synthesizing market needs into product requirements and driving alignment with leadership on prioritization for the roadmap
- Leading design sprints and other cross-functional exercises to explore product opportunities
- Owning the product roadmap within a product line, and executing with cross-functional teams to deliver on it
- Collaborating with Marketing, Technology, and Engineering groups to develop and drive product strategy for a product line while ensuring alignment with greater business goals and objectives
- Articulating a compelling product vision and inspiring cross-functional teams to rally around it
- Systematizing and scaling product processes within the Product team and across the organization
- Mentoring and fostering the development of best practices within the Product Management team
- Working across the organization to partner with and support various stakeholders key to delivering product
- Enabling customer-facing teams with product knowledge and direction
- Engaging with customers and lending product thought leadership in support of further product development, customer success, and BD activities
- Owning and managing the product backlog including writing stories, mitigating risk, prioritizing effectively, and unblocking the team
- Enabling highest leverage work for yourself and others
- Supporting customer audits as a Product SME.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in related field
- Technical problem solving, communication, critical thinking and leadership skills.
- Strong understanding of project financial management and reporting
- Understanding and appreciation of the Software and Hardware landscape of the Garden Social Venture.
- Proven work experience as a Business Manager, Account manager or other relevant experience
- Strong understanding of business financials
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Proven ability to oversee multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Flexibility is important.
Competitive based on experience.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Employees can work remotely
- The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality