Program Management Consultant
Creative Associates seeks an STTA Nigeria Program Manager for the Northeast Connection program to develop processes and tools that will guide program activities through the Activity Cycle, from concept to closure, working with and through multiple teams: Programs, Grants, Procurement, and Finance.
The position will be based in the head program office, located in Yola, with travel and work expected to be carried out in the northeastern states of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa. The Program Manager will also ensure continued program collaboration with Creative Home Office in the Washington DC area.
Reporting directly to the Chief of Party (COP) and in close coordination with the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), the Nigeria Program Manager will ensure that program activities are designed, implemented and completed in line with program strategy.
S/he will closely coordinate with all program-related team members in Yola and in field offices to ensure on-time and on-message delivery of activity and program aims. S/he will provide close oversight and guidance to the Program Managers.
The consultant will be based overseas.
- TASKS TO BE PERFORMED
· Work with the COP, DCOP, and HO Team to review existing processes and tools for grants programming to identify efficiencies and outline steps needed to be taken to improve the process.
· Train the Grants team, Program Managers, and MEL Officers on the improved grants processes.
· Design processes and related tools for rapid response programming and directly implemented activities, enabling managers to provide oversight of program implementation to ensure activities deliver to intention and schedule and drive continuous improvement in process and outcomes.
· Train managers from various departments (Grants, Procurement, MEL, and Program) on the new processes and tools for rapid response programming and directly implemented activities.
· Review concept notes, budgets, and workplans for six direct implementation activities and provide guidance to Grants, Procurement, MEL, and Program departments to help enforce the new processes and tools.
· Conduct bi-weekly meetings between Finance, Grants, Procurement, MEL, and Program teams to identify additional issues/bottlenecks and ensure the new processes and tools are being used correctly for nine direct implementation activities, and ultimately that activity clearance keeps pace with demand and remains compliant with program strategy and rules/regulations.
· Advise the Senior Management Team and HQ team on expected and actual commitments and expenditure and provide quality control on both cash requests and internal/external projections for 3 months.
· Travel to field offices in Yobe, Borno and Adamawa to train field teams and ensure that processes and tools are consistently and practically applied into program operations.
· Conduct research to identify new partners for civil society and transition activities.
· Perform additional tasks as assigned by the COP.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to download the application documents: Consultant Notices – Smartsheet.com
Once you are on the website, please look for the following posting number: CRFQ-HQ-0536 (the 5th down the list)
After completing the documents, please submit your application to [email protected]
For any other information, please reach out to the same email above.