Program Manager at Solidarites International (SI)
Solidarities International is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. Currently present in Nigeria since 2016 and is present in North Eastern part of Nigeria. Currently, SI carries out emergency / post – emergency programs in WASH sector in North West region of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager
Location: Gusau – Zamfara
Employment Type: Full-time
Description of the Position
- The program manager WASH is responsible for implementing and achieving the objectives defined in the operation proposals.
- (S)he is responsible for overseeing operational teams assigned to the program.
- (S)he guarantees the good performance and the quality of the program(s) WASH implemented, and, where appropriate, proposes adjustments or developments to ensure relevance.
List of Main Tasks
Diagnosis and project design:
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of diagnostics
- Participate in the design and the financial dimension of the human and logistical programs to implement
- Prepare the appendixes and technical chapters (of logical framework) of operation proposals
- Implement activities in compliance with the annual operational strategy, Solidarity International technical requirements, and donor criteria
Implementation and operational monitoring:
- Plan and oversee the implementation of program WASH that (s)he is responsible for, both on-time and within the set technical specifications
- Plan the activity or activities WASH with the support Departments (administrative, logistics), according to objectives
- Propose and develop indicators for monitoring program activities WASH and context
- Use management, activity, results, and context monitoring tools
- Respect SI procedures
- Provide support and advice to the logistics base for the purchase of materials specific to activities WASH
- Assess the relevance of activities, the effectiveness of interventions, and their appropriateness in light of changing circumstances and the needs of populations
- Propose adjustments to programs if necessary
- Ensure the achievement of results of the programs (s)he is responsible for
- Anticipate the difficulties associated with conducting activities WASH and help solve problems related to programs WASH
- Propose program changes WASH according to the changing environment and indicators
- In collaboration with the administrative service, contribute to the development of program budgets, budget follow up and proposal budgets for the program parts
- Develop the state of needs and the Treasury requests with activity managers
- Report the state of decentralized inventory to the logistics department (“field” inventory)
- Write the capitalization documents in accordance with SI tools
- Prepare handover reports before the end of his/her employment contract and forward them to concerned parties in the mission and at headquarters
- Ensure diffusion of SI technical documentation
- Participate in validating recruitment for the national technical staff WASH ,
- With the administrative department, define the prerequisites for the WASH vacant positions and, if necessary, adapt the referent job profile.
- Welcome and brief new employees or volunteers working under his/her responsibility
- Implement training related to operational requirements WASH and the identified training needs
- Manage and support the team under his/her responsibility
- Conduct workshops and regular or ad hoc meetings
- Evaluate the performances of his/her team members
- Identify potential changes in members of his/her team(s) and provide feedback to the Program Manager / HR Desk Referent
- Make sure his/her team(s) follow the safety rules
Reporting / communications / representation:
- Share with the appropriate authority any information on the security context and any event which may have consequences on SI activities and team safety
- Write reports and annexes concerning his/her activity(ies) for donor reports and/or amendment
- Ensure compliance with reporting deadlines and guidelines
- Maintain a local operational communication network and positive relations with the local/governmental authorities, donor representatives, UN and other international agencies in cooperation with the Program Manager and Program Coordinator
- Assure Solidarités International’s representation in the meetings or forums concerning the program in his/her place of employment…activity…
- Represent SI on request and/or delegation
- Respond to the requirements of Headquarters concerning specific needs
- Write the administrative documents to be signed (MOU, handover…) jointly with governmental authorities, communities or partners
- Resident of Zamfara State (position not opened to delocalization)
- Minimum of two years’ experience as Program Manager or in a similar role
- BSc degree in Engineering or similar background
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
- Familiarity with electronic databases
- Ability to deliver high quality outputs in a timely manner
- Fluent in spoken and written English, Hausa and Fulani, ability to read and write
- A good listener, a good communicator, ability to prioritize and work with little supervision, team player, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of north west humanitarian context
Application Closing Date
18th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Hard copy applications will also be received in our Solidarites Intenational Gusau Office at Karma Guess – Gusau
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date.