Program Officer – FRED at Foundation for Resilient Empowerment and Development (FRED)
Foundation for Resilient Empowerment and Development (FRED) was founded in 2018. We are a global health and development Non Governmental Organization, focused on improving the growth and development of populations through strengthening governance and democratic processes, conduct of empirical research to generate evidence and through the implementation of sustainable programs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer – FRED
Location: Abuja (FCT)
The Program Officer will:
- Play an active role in the development of Program objectives.
- Be responsible for the effective monitoring of Program objectives & Its implementation.
- Develop systems and manage the process of timely program and other reporting, including following up on internal and external reports and ensuring compliance with Terms of Reference and consultancies.
- Manageexternal communications including handling queries and issues on a timely and appropriate basis
- Work with the Program Advisor and Finance Officer for financial planning, monitoring and review of the work.
- Establish and maintain project implementation and report tracking system
- Support capacity development for staff and partner organizations in planning, design, budgeting, monitoring, evaluation and reporting for programs
- Maintain positive external relationships with the relevant donors
- Developmonthly and quarterly work plans in accordance with ongoing activities and plans for the year. Monitor progress and ensure timely implementation of planned activities, especially those that feed into the work of other staff and partners
- Organize and implement Program Plans
- Develop Activity and Quarterly reports. Participate in the development of Annual Reports
- Ensure collation and analysis of data gathered from research/assessments,
- Ensure proper documentation ofproject documents, Activity/Quarterly and Annual Reports
- Actively participate in developing plans and budgets in accordance with FRED financial guidelines. Participate in the development of annual budgets and Quarter for the project in accordance with activities agreed for the year.
- Ensure judicious use of resources for activities and that expenditure is within agreed plans and in accordance with FRED financial policies or project framework
- Ensure proper retirement of all implemented activities in accordance with FRED financial regulations
- The right candidate must have a minimum of 3 years experience in the NGO industry and should have a Masters degree in one of the following areas: International Development, Public Health Gender and Women studies or a related field.
Application Closing Date
7th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.