Program Officer-Volunteer at Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF)
Africa Youth Growth Foundation is a regional Non-Governmental Organization in Abuja for youth growth, development and empowerment, with a mission of building an African society through constructive engagement with stakeholders expand opportunities for self-development and realization among the youth.
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Job Field
- The Program Officer will be responsible for organizing programs and activities for our organization.
- He/She will be tasked with developing programs to support the organization’s strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals.
- You will also be in charge of developing budgets and operating plans for programs and writing project funding proposals.
Program Officer Responsibilities
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Creating and managing long-term goals.
- Developing a budget and operating plan for the program.
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Writing program funding proposals to guarantees.
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Ensuring goals are met in safety, quality and team member performance.
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project implementation.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
- Analyzing program risks.
Program Officer Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Business or related field.
- Proven experience in program management in the NGO Sector
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Proven experience managing a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- In-depth Understanding of project management.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter (not more than one page specifying motivation for the application) and CV to “the Human Resource Manager, Africa Youth Growth Foundation” via: [email protected] clearly indicating “Program Officer-Volunteer” as subject of your mail.
Note: This position is open only to applicants residing in Abuja, Nigeria and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.