Program Support Officer at Network of People Living with HIV and AIDS in Nigeria
Network of People Living with HIV and AIDS in Nigeria (NEPWHAN) was established in 1998 as a non-governmental Organization to serve as a collective voice of PLHIV in the Country. The Organization is registered with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in Nigeria in September 2004.
NEPWHAN is now Seventeen (17) Years Old as a vibrant patient community network in Nigeria. The network formed since 1998 has established structures at the zonal and all States including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) and as well saddled with the responsibility of coordinating, supervising and monitoring activities and programs of over 1, 030 support groups membership across the Federation making it one of the biggest Patient network in Africa. Our GOALNEPWHAN has formed constituent bodies; Association of Youth Living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria (APYIN), Association of Women Living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria (ASWHAN), Association of Religious Leaders Living with and Personally Affected by HIV/AIDS (NINERELA+) to advocate and provide HIV programming intervention for the specific needs of their targets and members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Support Officer
Location: Asokoro, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Eligible candidate will receive support from existing NEPWHAN technical leads from Program, M&E and Finance departments.
The Project Support Staff will be knowledgeable in Program, M&E and Finance roles, as follows:
Program Management Roles:
- Develop monthly/quarterly operational work plan to guide project implementation.
- Prepare QIPs, Concept Notes, Fund Requests/ Memo, Terms of Reference, Activity Checklist, and other Program management tools.
- Participate in all project activities at the national level, as may be assigned.
- Plan and organize Meetings, Trainings, and visits to project States, and on other Program activities.
- Prepare meeting agenda and take note of meetings.
- Provide technical support to field officers for implementation of project activities.
- Prepare periodic reports for submission to donor.
- Provide guidance and maintain frequent communications with State Program team.
- Support development of strategic document data collection/tracking tools for project monitoring.
- Develop tools, templates, and job aids for data collection.
- Support the development and the strengthening of the M&E systems (tools, process and database) at the national and State levels.
- Follow up on State M&E Officers for submission of reports and other deliverables.
- Coordinate timely submission of all Program performance data and success stories.
- Conduct target tracking to ensure the States are meeting set targets.
- Track implementation of monthly and quarterly Work Plan to ensure all project activities are implemented as contained in the work plan.
- Collate activity data from project States.
- Prepare budget for project activities.
- Provide technical support to field staff on finance retirement and reporting.
- Follow up on-field staff for submission of finance retirements.
- Review finance retirements, and provide feedback, based on review findings.
Other General Roles:
- Coordinate the submission of Program, M&E and Financial reports.
- Collate activity reports from the States, and follow-up on pending reports.
- Generate monthly summary report of all Program areas from the State Networks into the data management software.
- Participate in routine monitoring visits to project sites, including the conduct of data quality assurance, using standard tools.
- Responsible for sorting and filling of reports as they arrive from project States, and initiate follow-up on any pending reports.
- Participate in the development of M&E monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.,
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Social Sciences or other related disciplines
- Must have at least two (2) years’ experience working with NEPWHAN.
- Should demonstrate above-average computer literacy in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Accounting skill would be an added advantage.
- Must demonstrate good oral and written English communication.
- Suitable candidate living with HIV/AIDS will have an added advantage.
- Must have at least three (3) years’ experience working with the community, preferably in CBO or Support Group setting.
- Must have at least 2 years working experience on M&E of community activities
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV and a 1-page Capacity statement to: [email protected] and copy [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- The Application documents should be attached as one MS Word Document.
- Candidates should indicate the position they apply for in the subject line of the email, as follows: Name, Position, and Location. E.g. Peter James Okoh_NEPWHAN Headquarters, Abuja.
- Preference will be given to persons living with HIV PLHIV, who are qualified for the positions.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted at every stage.
Application Deadline 17th September, 2021.