WaterAid is an international non-for-profit organization dedicated to helping people break free from poverty and disease, unlock their potential and change their lives for good through improved access to clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene. WaterAid started its operation in Nigeria in 1995. Since then it has successfully executed several intervention programmes as outlined by its objectives and has made impact in the lives of the very poor. WaterAid with the country office in Abuja currently works in Bauchi, Enugu and Plateau States with funding from various donors and partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Advisor, Hygiene
Vacancy No.: VN610
- Do you want to use your skills and experience in hygiene behaviour change programming, and to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
- Join WaterAid as Programme Advisor, Hygiene to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good.
- On top of that you'll be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
- This role is part of our Programme Support Unit team, a diverse, motivated, and fun group of 30 technical experts, specialists, advisors, and managers, passionate about bringing sustainable WASH services and behaviour change to the world's poorest and most marginalised people.
- The Programme Advisor, Hygiene provides technical advice and support on hygiene behaviour change programming. You will work collaboratively with other specialists across the wider WaterAid federation to refine knowledge and approaches and build learning and best practice for WA and for the sector.
- This post will spend a significant amount of time working with colleagues and team members based across the world.
- Up to 30% travel may be required. Currently limited international travel due to COVID-19 situation.
Programme Adviser, Hygiene will:
- Support in developing guidance, standards, and address knowledge gaps on hygiene behaviour change
- Collaborate and contribute to improving WaterAid's hygiene behaviour change programmes
- Coordinate with and provide support to WaterAid teams on hygiene
- Engage with and influence the WASH sector
- Contribute to team and organisational processes
To be successful, you'll need:
- Substantial experience in hygiene behaviour change programming, particularly in low- or middle-income countries, including in applying behaviour change theories into practice, demonstrated through a progressive career record with at least the most recent significant experience being in a similar level role.
- Extensive knowledge on the hygiene behaviour change approaches, hygiene products, technology, social, environmental, institutional and financial issues related to the hygiene behaviour change
- Proven record of facilitating cross organisational teams, coordinating and motivating them to achieve common objectives.
- Solid IT skills, particularly with core Microsoft Office software
- A team player, able to work independently or with limited supervision, under pressure, and collaboratively across diverse groups and culture.
- Working style that reflects WaterAid's values of Respect, Accountability, Courage, Collaboration, Integrity and Innovation.
- Proven experience of designing, implementing and evaluating WASH and behaviour change programming.
- Proven experience of operationalizing research including formative research and/or operational studies.
- Proven success in offering technical assistance, consulting, and/or advisory services to empower and to develop capacities.
- This role is Grade F in County Programmes and a Grade 4 in the UK.
- Salary and benefits will be in line with WaterAid country's salary scale and depending on experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st July 2022 (23:59).
- Availability for interview is required 31st August 2022 (for first interview – virtually).
- We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your right to work eligibility in the country to which you wish to work.
- For UK based applicants, WaterAid is located in Canary Wharf, London and this will be your location and contract base. WaterAid is open and supportive of flexibility. We are currently defining our approach to hybrid working. The right balance between office and home-based working should be agreed with your line manager. Your flexibility requirements and that of the role will be discussed at the interview stage with you.
- WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind.
- The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct.
- We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
- WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality