Programme Delivery Officer
We are a global team of experts and innovators tackling some of the world’s most pressing health challenges. We work with leaders and change makers around the globe to bring health strategies to life. We provide ideas, advice and technical know-how that enable our partners to build a path to lasting change.
With 30 years’ experience in global health, we collaborate with our partners to explore existing evidence, combine expertise, scale up ideas and co-create solutions that accelerate change. This includes collaborating on policy design, managing initiatives, building powerful coalitions and galvanising social movements. Our impact is felt across whole communities, with a focus on women, girls and those who have been marginalised.
As part of MSI Reproductive Choices, all our profits go back into supporting MSI’s own mission of children by choice, not chance.
We believe in a world where everyone can access the high-quality health services they need, without financial burden.
The Programme Delivery Officer will be focussed on providing support at the programme management level to Options’ large and small programmes, to ensure adherence to high quality programme management. The post-holder will be deployed to provide long and short-term guidance and support to programmes across Options’ portfolio. The role will also be responsible for developing and integrating appropriate tools and systems that are aligned with our approach to project cycle management. For smaller strategic projects, the role will also provide direct programme management support.
The role has four areas of responsibilities;
- Support the Programme Delivery Advisor in implementing the Options project cycle management approach. Provide support and guidance to programme management colleagues across a range of programme management areas as required
- Take ownership as the Programme Manager on Options’ small, strategic projects which will be led and managed from the UK, and when needed, be the start-up Programme Manager for larger programmes, handing over to the Programme Team once recruited.
- You will support business development by working closely with our New Business and Partnerships Department; providing programme management inputs to proposal, concept notes, as well as material for external dissemination.
- Provide cross-organisational support by working closely with other departments, management and administrative teams to strengthen operational delivery.
- You will have significant experience of programme management, including in planning, budgeting and programme control, risk management and change management in a relevant project and programme environment.
- Experience managing large, complex, donor funded budgets, contracts and contracting, and experience managing relations between a head office and an internationally based team.
- Excellent knowledge and use of programme management and grant management tools, systems and approaches. Knowledge of international development having worked with a multitude of donors, including FCDO.
- You will have excellent financial management, programme budgeting and management skills with strong Microsoft Excel skills and you will be highly organised, working well under pressure.
- Being fluent in English both spoken and written is essential and fluency in French is desirable, both spoken and written.
Options offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance. For more details, please contact HR at [email protected] for country specific benefits.
- As an equal opportunity employer, Options Consultancy Services is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage or civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Options Consultancy Services.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, promote diversity and inclusion, are energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the country in which you will be based, in either the UK, Kenya or Nigeria.
How to apply
- To apply, please fill in the form here.
- Closing date for applications is: Friday 19 August 2022.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).