Options Consultancy Services Limited was established in 1992 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We are a consultancy organisation providing technical and management expertise in the health and social sectors to governments and international development partners to transform the health of women and children. We provide information, expertise and influence to governments, health workers, NGOs and businesses to catalyse change so that health services can be accessed by the people who need them most.
Main purpose of job:
Options Consultancy Services seeks a Programme Manager based in Abuja, Nigeria to be responsible for the effective and efficient project management for Options Consultancy Services. They will work closely with other Options’ Team members in the UK and Nigeria to ensure that all work is carried out is to high standards and support the development of the organisation as a whole
The candidate will manage specific long-term programmes and short-term assignments within the Options Nigeria portfolio ensuring all donor guidelines are adhered to.
They will work closely with the Senior Programme Manager, Country Director and Output Lead for the Lafiya programme to contribute to the strategic planning and monitoring of the designated projects, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate.
They will also track project deliverables ensuring they meet appropriate levels of quality, are on time and within budget, in accordance with the project plan. With the Finance Team, based in the UK, they will work on all aspects of financial management related to Nigeria programmes and assignments, and contribute to the monthly management accounts, annual audit and budgeting process, and regular budgeting and re-forecasting.
To succeed in this role you will:
- Significant experience of working in international development at Programme Management level.
- Extensive experience of the development and implementation of programmes.
- Experience in distance management of relations between a head office and an internationally based team.
- Experience of managing large, complex donor-funded budgets.
- Experience of close working relationships with partners and consortia.
- Excellent financial management skills.
- Ability to work on a wide range of projects and other issues simultaneously.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan and manage work in a highly organised way.
- Excellent communicator both in writing and verbally.
- Knowledge of a spread of international donors, including DFID
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision
- It is desirable for overseas candidates need to hold a valid Nigerian work permit
How to apply:
Please click here to apply https://cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it/options/jobs/programme_manager_9965/en/
Closing date for applications is: 12th July 2020
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview