Programme Officer, HIV Prevention Care & Support at the Justice, Development and Peace / Caritas Commission (JDPC)
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
The Justice, Development and Peace Commission of the Catholic Archdiocese of Ibadan, Nigeria is a ministry of service of the Church established to cater for all the people that are in need within her jurisdiction, irrespective of religion, culture, race or gender
Where We Are
The Archdiocese is located in the ever-sprawling city of Ibadan, the capital of O…
Read more about this company
Programme Officer, HIV Prevention Care & Support
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 – 3 years
- Location Delta
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare  , NGO/Non-Profit
Location: Warri, Delta
- The Prevention, Care & Support officer will be responsible for working closely with the CVs, facility focal persons and the CBO Program technical team to achieve the strategic objectives of the program – focusing primarily on HIV prevention, Care & Support.
- S / he will provide technical and programmatic support primarily in the areas of HIV prevention, Community based HIV Care & Support for Vulnerable households affected by AIDS.
- S / he will be responsible for implementing strategies designed to strengthen the linkages between the community-based care activities and health facilities providing HIV care and treatment towards ensuring a continuum of care.
- S / he will also support the strengthening of the capacity of implementing CVs in the area of HIV prevention awareness creation, community mobilization for HIV counseling and testing, PMTCT and Early Infant Diagnosis (EID), improving referral and counter-referral systems between communities and facilities.
- Also, S / he will support the implementation of evidence-based interventions aimed at addressing
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure 100% of infected children on CBOs’ Care and treatment portfolio in target LGAs are enrolled in the 4GATES OVC program.
- Direct CVs towards overall technical quality – including adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines for all HIV Prevention care & support activities of the project.
- In collaboration with community volunteers, implement evidence-based health and nutrition interventions to indigent households by responding to identified prioritized health, nutrition, and PSS needs.
- Work with Community volunteers in using national guidelines wherever possible to provide vulnerable households with access to quality healthcare, nutrition and PSS.
- Provide health and nutrition training and supervision to all relevant staff and CVs.
- Conduct IYCF training and collaborate with community volunteers to implement relevant activities
- Contribute to the documentation and dissemination of project efforts, achievements, lessons learned and innovations within the 4GATES OVC Program
- Ensure timely preparation of high-quality training and meeting reports.
- Contributes to the development of monthly, quarterly and annual work-plans Supervision and Mentoring
- Support CBOs to develop appropriate job descriptions to ensure staffing is appropriate for expected results.
- Provide regular supportive supervision to the CVs to ensure the achievement of expected results.
- Represent the CSO in external technical meetings, conferences, and workshops related to HIV Prevention Care & Support
- Liaise and coordinate with other HIV Prevention Care & Support actors, including LG SACA, PHCs, PMTCT sites, TBAs and other NGOs, learning institutions and civil society actors to promote synergy, share lessons learned and avoid duplication.
- The Program Manager JDPC Warri
- The State Program Officer; HIV Prevention Care & Support of the 4GATES Project
Qualified applicants must have
- Candidate should possess Bachelor’s degree, HND qualification
Must have 2-3 years work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government and Community Volunteers as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training, and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles.
- Experience in supporting HIV Testing and Counselling programs in health facilities, mobile units and community outreaches
- Good knowledge of the Government of Nigeria HIV Care and Treatment guidelines (Paediatric & Adult)
- Familiarity with OVC programming and principles.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and make reasoned judgments in a timely fashion.
- Experience of dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a professional manner.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs, and to gender equity
Method of Application
29th January, 2021 at 10:00am prompt in the Office.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are to apply online or in person by sending detailed Cover Letter, Resume and other Educational / Professional Credentials as a single document to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
JDPC Warri Office
Jubilee Centre, Okorodudu way,
For further details please contact: the Director, Rev Fr. Emmanuel Obadjere on 08056431328 OR Augustine Doulamughan, Programme Manager on 08137974869
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love