Project Accountant at a Foremost Oil and Gas Company – GUS Consulting
GUS Consulting Ltd is a dynamic provider of value-adding services to the oil & gas, energy & maritime industries. Over the years, our service delivery method has remained of the highest industry standard. Utilizing local expertise, we aim to deliver superior and unrivalled services driven by state of the art industry practices and our clients’ requir…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 3 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Our client, a foremost oil & gas company is looking to hire a Project Accountant. You will ensure accurate reporting and analysis of Project’s financial transactions. You will also be responsible for effectively managing the project’s financial resources as well as recommending strategies for managing operational costs and ensuring profitability of the project. Timely, accurate and regular reporting of project’s performance is an integral part of this role.
- Liaise with the Project Manager to develop project budget in line with project schedules.
- Review the project budget with the financial controller (FC).
- Prepare and present periodic reports on performance of the project.
- Prepare and present reports on profitability of the project, investigate and report on variances of project revenue and costs.
- Ensure project cost is monitored regularly to avoid overspends. Ensure the cost incurred is commensurate to level of activities.
- Ensure timely issuance of invoice upon completion of milestone & follows up to ensure inflows are received for pending receivables.
- Prepare funding request, to be jointly reviewed by the Project Manager based on needs of the project.
- Ensure funds released for projects are properly managed.
- Ensure applicable taxes are deducted from vendors invoices and ensures remittance of taxes are made as at when due.
- Ensure accuracy and periodic reviews of all project related payables with account payable team and financial controller.
- Ensure that all project activities (Revenue, costs, receivables, receipt) are properly captured into the accounting software.
- Ensure accuracy and periodic review of project billings/receivable and accrued revenue/value of work done with project manager and Financial controller.
- Ensure that receivable reconciliation is done on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- First Degree in Finance/ Accounting/ Economics.
- A Post graduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Relevant professional qualification e.g. Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA).
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience. Exposure to Construction or Oil & Gas industry will be an added advantage.
- A thorough knowledge of standard contract terms and how they are applied in the billing process.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should kindly forward their CVs to: [email protected] using the title as subject of the email.
Due to volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.