Project Accountant at Alfred & Victoria Associates
Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market.
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Department: Finance & Accounts
Job Summary & Purpose
- This role must ensure accurate reporting and analysis of Project’s financial transactions.
- It will also be responsible for effectively managing the project’s financial resources as well as recommending strategies for managing operational costs and ensuring profitability of the project.
- Timely, accurate and regular reporting of project’s performance is an integral part of this role.
- Reports to: Group Head, Human Resources and Office Services
- Direct Reports:
- Deputy Head, NCDMB, Learning and Development
- Learning Management System Administrator
- Group finance
- Project Manager
- Financial Controller.
- Liaise with the Project Manager to develop project budget in line with project schedules.
- Review the project budget with the financial controller (FC).
- Prepare and present periodic reports on performance of the project.
- Prepare and present reports on profitability of the project, investigate and report on variances of project revenue and costs.
- Ensure project cost is monitored regularly to avoid over spends, Ensure the cost incurred is commensurate to level of activities.
- Ensure timely issuance of invoice upon completion of milestone & follows up to ensure inflows are received for pending receivables.
- Prepare funding request, to be jointly reviewed by the Project Manager based on needs of the project.
- Ensure funds released for projects are properly managed.
- Ensure applicable taxes are deducted from vendors invoices and ensures remittance of taxes are made as at when due.
- Ensure accuracy and periodic reviews of all project related payables with account payable team and financial controller.
- Ensure that all project activities (Revenue, costs, receivables, receipt) are properly captured into the accounting software.
- Ensure accuracy and periodic review of project billings/receivable and accrued revenue/value of work done with project manager and Financial controller.
- Ensure that receivable reconciliation is done on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Academic Qualification: First Degree in Finance/ Accounting / Economics
- A Post graduate degree will be an added advantage
- Professional Qualification: Relevant professional qualification e.g. Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA)
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years relevant experience. Exposure to Construction or Oil & Gas industry will be an added advantage.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- A thorough knowledge of standard contract terms and how they are applied in the billing process.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to the Project Manager or Financial controller, as necessary.
Key Performance Metrics
- Recording of transactions
- Reporting on project
- Billing timing and accuracy
- Project accounting reports.
- Completeness and accuracy
- Complete and on time
- Complete and on time
- Complete, accurate and on time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after the above time will be automatically rejected.