Project Assistant at International Organization for Migration (IOM)
International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Assistant
Job ID.: CFCV2021.89
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) 6 Months
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the overall supervision of the MHPSS/Protection Programme Manager and the direct supervision of the National
- Programme Officer (MHPSS), and closely coordinating with the Protection, MHPSS and Counter-Trafficking Project officers.
- The successful candidates’ primary role will be to support the implementation of MHPSS/Protection activities in the BAY States, including coordination, reporting and logistics support
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Assist in the implementation of the project activities, including coordination, reporting, logistics support.
- Assist the Project Manager in maintaining data collection, analysis mechanisms, and share relevant information mainly from records and reports and preparing periodic and ad-hoc reports on program and project activities
- Support technical monitoring of all the teams, including report writing, supervision, training, and coordination sessions with each team.
- For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered first-tier candidates.
- Support in the maintenance project databases, reporting platforms and provision of accurate information whenever required.
- Coordinate Visibility and Communication activities related to the project.
- Undertake duty travel to very challenging areas when necessary.
- Facilitate regular visits, collecting and compiling data and reports from the psychosocial support teams. Track their activities and provide timely support.
- Liaise with relevant governmental, non-governmental (NGOs), international organizations as well as other relevant stakeholders on issues related to MHPSS.
- Support with an informal translation of technical documents from English into Hausa/Kanuri/Shuwa, and vice-versa, if needed.
- IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Social Work, Psychology, Community Services, Development Studies or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 2 years of relevant experience or High School Diploma in the above fields with 4 years of relevant working experience with a specific focus in administrative, coordination, financial management, budgeting, and capacity building functions within the humanitarian field.
- Open and positive attitude.
- Genuine care and respect for the needs of others, practically vulnerable populations with a strong belief in empowering marginalized and disenfranchised people.
- High integrity and willingness to conduct her/himself transparently and open to scrutiny.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality in performing responsibilities assigned.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of the local language.
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respect and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourage diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and act in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This is a national position and only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system.
- The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their applications.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No Fees: IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fees).
- IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts
Application Deadline 14th December, 2021.