Position Reports to: Administrative Officer
Location: Cross River
• The TMEC/RISE program is a 5-year, USAID-funded global HIV program that supports countries to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control through provision of strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to improve prevention, HIV case finding and treatment programming.
• In Nigeria, TMEC/RISE comprising of Jhpiego, ICAP at Columbia University, a global health leader situated within the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health in New York City and others will support the Government of Nigeria to address barriers in HIV services among at-risk adult men, women and priority populations and to build capacity of local Implementing partners, continuously leveraging data to successfully course correct and achieve and maintain epidemic control.
• This project aims to achieve and maintain the primary prevention and 95 – 95 – 95 goals that are critical to HIV epidemic control in Nigeria.
• The program will also support PEPFAR’s transition of HIV service delivery to local partners, advancing progress along the journey to self-reliance
• The Driver will be responsible for driving the project vehicle for official business purposes, including driving staff to project – supported facilities within the State.
• He/she is expected to have experience in maintaining motor vehicle (s), ensuring that the vehicle policies are adhered to, driving and assisting with other routine office duties.
• The Drivers will maintain vehicle mileage and related records as required by Jhpiego policies.
• S/he is expected to be flexible and work longer than office hours when in the field and departing/arriving from the field.
• Minimum of secondary school certificate (SSC)
• Valid driving license with excellent driving ability
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar position preferably in an NGO.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Basic knowledge of automobiles and ability to make minor repairs and perform preventive maintenance.
• Basic computer literacy
• Fluency in oral and written English is required.
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines
• Working knowledge of a local language in the project state will be an advantage.
• Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to ng- [email protected] using “Position & Location” as the subject of the email. Eg. “Project Driver – Cross River
Application Closing date:
Close of Business Friday 6th November, 2020
• CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
• The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
• Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
• Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
• Jhpiego reserves the right to close this vacancy announcement early if a suitable candidate is found.
• Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
• Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
• There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
• JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org