Project Management Officer at Westfield Consulting Limited
Westfield Consulting Limited – Our innovativeness and excellence in service delivery has made us a first choice to our growing clientele in various sectors. We have successfully achieved a positive work force attitude, engineering a more motivated and committed workforce for our clients with notable results in target achievements and consistent increase in their bottom line.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Management Officer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- We are looking for dedicated personnel to provide necessary project management support in the form of guidance & administration to project managers of our organization.
- PMO is to responsible for coaching new project managers on various ways an organization can run projects, among others such as:
Project Management Process:
- The primary role of the PMO is to ensure development and implementation of consistent as well as standardized business processes.
- As a part of the project management process, PMO helps in creating a common set of principles, practices, and templates for managing various organizational projects.
- Standardization refers to ease of movement for manager between different or multiple projects as well as quick learning curve of new project managers.
- Through creation of project management templates, the use of standard components or principles for multiple projects is ensured and this, in turn, saves both time and money for any organization.
- The PMO to be responsible for gathering of relevant project data and has to produce information to be presented for review by the management.
- Based on updates by project managers related to a single or multiple project, the PMO will be responsible for tracking the overall status of those projects.
- They will assist in standardization of the compilation of information and ways of reporting the same to the management.
Implemented project portfolio management (PPM), the responsibility of the PMO to manage and facilitate the entire process. The responsibilities will include:
- Managing resource forecast or creating a resource capacity plan. This will help in understanding the availability of various resources for organizational projects
- Enable capture of project requests and ensure each of those requests have enough relevant information that can aid in the assessment of that project
- Maintaining an updated status of projects that are underway and those that have requests pending review
- Implement prioritization and scoring models for better assessment of the requests that should be approved
- HND / Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Management or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of working experience with background in technological organization, proven project administration courses or related field.
- Master’s Degree in Project Management will be an advantage.
Skills & Requirements:
- Organizes and plans the realization of the whole project.
- He/she relies on internal and external expertise, for example partners or subcontractors.
He/She main missions:
- Coordinates external contractors/developers.
- Coordinates engineering companies/vendors
- Collects and analyse needs.
- Drafts functional and technical specifications pf materials/products for project implementation
- Writes user documentation.
- In charge of production/project support.
- Manages the schedules, ensures the respect of the deadlines and the costs.
- Prepares presentation materials for meetings as well as steering committees.
- Participates in the continuous improvement process, which is part of a quality policy.
- Computer skills– from software to various applications, must be able to understand the usage of a computer system
- Time management– attend to client issues in a timely manner to minimize project implementation being underscored, as is the ability to efficiently manage their own time, as they often work with little or no supervision
- Organizational skills– keeping track of common issues and maintaining accurate reports are important
- Communication skills– need strong verbal communication skills to discuss products and product issues with clients; they need written communication skills to work with data, produce reports and other paperwork
Application Closing Date
1st May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.