Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work are accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Officer – ICT4D
Job ID: 220000J6
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job: Program Management
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time
- As a member of the Bureau for Humanitarian (BHA) project team, You will coordinate and deliver various ICT and ICT4D (ICT) related services by established agency ICT policies, procedures, and service standards to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable.
- You will provide responsible, professional service and technical support to CRS staff and partners to ensure efficient operation and use of CRS information sharing, communication, and collaboration technologies.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Deploy, configure, and maintain ICT systems and databases, including networks, servers, and telecommunications. Troubleshoot and address issues to ensure optimal performance.
- Configure and maintain applications and user devices. Provide timely and quality service delivery, technical support, and advice to user requests to ensure proper user access to agency business data and information.
- Maintain inventory of ICT equipment, hardware, and software and ensure adequate supply and functionality, in collaboration with relevant staff, Provide input to budget for ICT-related expenses.
- Coordinate relationships with suppliers to facilitate delivery of ICT-related services that meet CRS business requirements and needs.
- Support capacity-building initiatives, remotely or on-site, to staff and partners to ensure efficient and consistent adoption and use of ICT applications.
- Prepare statistical reports on ICT-related data and metrics. As needed, implement measures to ensure required standards are met.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: All Country Program staff, work in a matrix-supervisory relationship with the Regional Information Manager, members of the CRS ICT community, and owners of CRS business systems; specifically Head of Programming (HOP), Program Managers, and MEAL officers.
- External: CRS partners; Government agencies, NetHope, RedRose, Peers from other NGOs in the country; and ICT services providers.
Work Conditions/Environment Conditions:
- The position is based in Maiduguri, Nigeria. Work may be required on weekends and evenings during emergencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT-related field (Computer Science, Computer Networking, Programming, and Information Systems) required.
- Significant work experience in a related field combined with appropriate training/certificates may substitute for a degree.
- Desired certifications include Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate or equivalent, Cisco Certified Network Associate or equivalent, Microsoft SharePoint Foundations or equivalent, and ITIL Foundation Certified.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in a position with similar responsibilities in ICT for Education, Development or Humanitarian sectors.
- Experience in the introduction, design, implementation, and adoption of relevant technology and data management tools.
- Demonstrated capacity in the management of network/server software and hardware devices and platforms.
- Grasp complex network, security, mobile, desktop, server, telephony, backup, application, and database technologies.
- Experience with ITSM and systems management tools preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good relationship management skills. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally with a strong client-service focus.
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical ideas and concerns in a non-technical manner.
- Strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with the capacity to see the big picture, make sound decisions and offer non-standard solutions.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented, and results-oriented.
- Basic understanding of business analysis concepts and best practices.
- Demonstrated experience building ICT capacity with professional staff.
- English required, and relevant local languages (preferred)
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 20% pending security clearance and general humanitarian access.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship.
Application Closing Date
28th July, 2022.
Method of Application
- Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
- Disclaimer:This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination.
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
- CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.