Project Officer Monitoring and Evaluation at GIZ Nigeria
International cooperation between Germany and Nigeria commenced in 1974. GIZ was initially represented by an office in Lagos until 2003, but since 2004 it has maintained a country office and four project offices in the new capital Abuja. At present, GIZ has around 25 seconded staff, 100 Nigerian and regional experts, and four CIM experts working in Nigeria.
Read more about this company
Project Officer Monitoring and Evaluation
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 5 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit  , Project Management
Minimum of a first degree in Sciences, Social Sciences or in a similar area
“Support to Strengthening Resilience in North-East Nigeria”
According to GIZ
The overall objective of the GIZ implemented programme “Support to Strengthening Resilience in North-East Nigeria” is to contribute to the stabilization and socio-economic recovery of north-eastern Nigeria through strengthening the resilience of internally displaced persons (IDPs), host communities, returning refugees and the local population affected by Boko Haram insurgency. The programme is funded by the European Union and
the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development. It focuses on the two north-eastern States of Adamawa and Borno.
Following a holistic approach, the programme targets IDPs and host communities and returning IDPs and local communities in order to avoid the creation of further tensions due to competition over scarce resources. Complementing the humanitarian response to the crisis in the Northeast, the programme goes beyond a humanitarian short-term approach and focuses on a more long-term development perspective by aiming to establish participatory planning and good go vernance, rehabilitating basic
service infrastructure, improving access to and the quality of basic education, and providing livelihood support.
Responsibilities & tasks:
The Project Officer Monitoring and Evaluation supports the Programme in:
- Monitoring the activities and results of the programme across its four components
- Generating, documenting and disseminating programme related knowledge
- Producing knowledge products and project report data. GIZ Nigeria is seeking the services of an experienced
- Project Officer Monitoring and Evaluationfor the duration of Thirty
Six Months (36) calendar months, from 1stMay2020 –30th April 2022
Tasks Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PME)
- Maintain and adapt theprogramme’s
- M&E system and tools, including the reporting from programmatic units
- Design M&E data collection and processing methods.
- Ensure M&E data collection and analysis according to donor requirements
- Ensure alignment of all M&E activities (especially data collection tools) across the different programme components and activities
- Act as a focal point for external evaluators and guide the annual review process
- Guide the Programme Units on outcome and impact monitoring
- Support the preparation of progress reports to donors and communications materials
- Prepare and actively participate in planning and monitoring meetings.
- Supports different M&E activities of implementing partners
- Conductof baseline, midline and end line assessments
- Preparation of reports for assessments conducted by the programme
- Preparation of reporting and beneficiary list templates
- Quality assurance of reports and data received from implementing partners
- Ensures mutual exchange of data and information between the programme and implementing partners
- Support capacity development of programme and partner staff as needed
- Ensure/coordinate the generation (including research) of knowledge required for programme implementation.
- Design formats of knowledge dissemination and exchange
- Assist in preparing data, facts and figures for the Programme’s communication materials
- Document relevant experiences, lessons learnt and best practices:
- Ensure/coordinate production of knowledge products
- Design/prepare/facilitate knowledge exchange General management
- Assist in preparing, conducting and documenting M&E meetings with partners
- Assist in keeping track of processes and actions required.
- The expert may be assigned other tasks as required.
Required qualifications, competences and experience:
- Required qualifications, competencies and experience Qualifications
- Minimum of a first degree in Sciences, Social Sciences or in a similar area
- Minimum of 3 -5 years professional experience with national and international organisations in the field of monitoring & evaluation and knowledge management.
- Ability to analyse, present, visualise data and practical skills in the use of office, statistical, graphical software.
- Ability to make data usable for programme implementation and reporting
- Proven good working knowledge of ICT technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office and Excel).
- Proven excellent knowledge of the English language, both oral and written.
- Good communication skills.
- A good team player who is willing to take on responsibility.
- Knowledge of a local language relevant to North
- East Nigeria is an advantage (Hausa, Kanuri, Fulfulde)Other Knowledge, additional competences
- Initial experience in development cooperation or humanitarian projects, good knowledge of GIZ standards and procedures are an advantage
- In addition to excellent organizational and coordination skills, you are able to work independently, structure your tasks, familiarize yourself with new topics quickly and comprehensively
- You have excellent writing and communication skills, a high frustration tolerance and you are very flexible and able to work under pressure
Method of Application
You are kindly requested to submit your CV and letter of motivation as one document with complete contact details via email to: [email protected]
(Please include vacancy no 022 as the mail subject)
GIZ Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer; both men and women are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.