Project Volunteers at International Alert
We are one of the world’s leading peacebuilding organisations, with nearly 30 years of experience laying the foundations for peace.
We work with local people in over 25 countries around the world to help them build peace, and we advise governments, organisations and companies on how to support peace.
We focus on issues that influence peace, inclu…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 year
- Location Bauchi , Benue
- Job Field Internships / Volunteering  , NGO/Non-Profit
The Volunteer will provide support to the implementation and monitoring of this project, implemented in 4 Local Governments each and State Capitals of Bauchi and Benue States respectively. The Volunteer will support implementation of activities at sites in collaboration with stakeholders and according to the project workplan. S/he will support the collection of quantitative and qualitative data and produce reports on activities, as well as support the planning and management of project events. The position reports to the State Manager.
- Support project implementation and report compilation
- Take notes and/or rapporteur at all events hosted or attended by the State office.
- Providing weekly reports of activities with support from the PMEO.
- Provide first-line liaison with local CSOs in the State.
- Any other reasonable activities as determined by the line manager
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in relevant field or 1 year of equivalent experience with Local CSO/NGO.
- At least 1 year of work/volunteer experience with CSO coupled with understanding of local contexts and realities.
- Experience working on gender, conflict and peacebuilding.
- Experience working in the state would be a strong advantage
- Good coordination and communication skills
- Good writing skills and good knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a high-risk security environment
- Willingness to travel regularly to rural locations.
- English fluency (oral and written)
- Knowledge of local languages such as Hausa, Fulani, Idoma and Tiv would be an advantage. Being a Hausa (for Bauchi) and Idoma (for Benue) speaking person is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Please send in a CV of maximum 3 pages and a cover letter not exceeding 1 page to [email protected] (FOR BENUE APPLICANTS) and [email protected] (FOR BAUCHI APPLICANTS) by 5PM Monday, 23rd April 2020. Applications that do not follow the above requirements will not be considered.
**Females are highly encouraged to apply.
This position is only open to Nigerian nationals.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within one week of the closing date, you can assume your application has been unsuccessful. Please do not send follow-up emails or calls.
International Alert is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants will be judged strictly based on merit.