Property Systems Technician at Marriott International
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Marriott International is a leading global lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
The company operates and fran…
Read more about this company
Property Systems Technician
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience – 3 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field ICT / Computer
Job Number: 21005301
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Category: Information Technology
Brand: Protea Hotels
Position Type: Non-Management
- As a member of the hotel staff, this entry-level position contributes general knowledge and skill in technology to provide first- and some second-level support and break-fix (repairs, installations, maintenance of all property-based systems).
- Generally works under supervision and within well-established guidelines to complete routine tasks.
- Responsible for performing repairs, installations, and maintenance of all property-based systems.
- Has knowledge of sophisticated technology equipment / processes and Marriott proprietary systems.
Financial / Policy:
- Works to ensure hotel is in compliance with appropriate Marriott International Policy and Information Security Manual. Implements solutions as directed to resolve discrepancies.
- Places equipment orders as directed relating to personal computers, telecommunications, local servers / networks
- Conducts periodic inventories of applications and hardware.
- Ensures technology assets are secured.
- Complies with technology-related vendor contracts.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Is professional and responsive to inquiries from customers/vendors/peer group.
- Provides timely, accurate, and detailed status reports as requested
- Assists in disaster recovery and business continuity as it relates to technology.
- Installs, monitors, and maintains telecommunications equipment including cabling and providing technical guidance as needed.
- Performs adds / moves / changes / deletions.
- Supports end-use pager cellular phone issues.
- Troubleshoots high-speed Internet access problems
- Escalates problems as appropriate through direct supervisor, Global Field Services, system support, or other shared service team.
- Images desktops, installs new software applications, applies patches, maps drives to correct server / network.
- Moves / adds / changes PCs / peripherals; migrating data when necessary.
- Performs routine desktop backup as scheduled or directed.
- Provides end-user support to hotel staff, business center.
- Assists with setup or reset of security passwords
- Supports email and use of MI network
Server / Network:
- Assists in creating and maintaining secure server environment. Performs server backups and routine preventative maintenance.
- Works as part of a team to execute a disaster recovery plan.
Candidate Profile / Qualifications
- College degree or equivalent work experience. Possess 0-3 years experience in like position.
- Previous experience in IR Global Field Services or Marriott Systems Support desirable.
- System-related professional certifications desired.
- Demonstrated skills in support of applications, hardware, operating systems, and telecommunications.
- Ability to multi-task effectively while setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Functions well in a matrix management environment (vendors / clients / peers).
- Demonstrated skills in trouble-shooting and resolving problems around PCs, operating systems, servers, peripherals, etc.
Scope / Expected Contributions – Scope
- Number of Direct Reports – None.
- Number of Properties – Typically one, but position is unit-based but may provide support to other local hotels.
- This position will report to one of the following positions: Executive Committee member, Property System Manager, or Area Systems Manager as deemed appropriate.
- Typically single-property focused.
- Position requires 24x7x 365 (pager / cell phone) coverage or schedule rotations.
Working Relationships / Interfaces:
- Property executive committee, management, staff
- Cluster IR team members
- Regional team members
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love