PROTECTION OFFICER (NIGERIA NATIONALS ONLY)
Job position- Protection Officer
Work location-Magumeri, Damasak, Ngala, Banki
Reporting to– Field Coordinator
Supervision of– CFM Assistants
General purpose of the position
Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, the role supports the mainstreaming of protection interventions within INTERSOS food security program as per agreed standards. The Protection Officer will support the implementation of INTERSOS Nigeria’s protection interventions with the objective of providing timely and effective protection to targeted populations. This includes the provision of appropriate and timely supervision of case management services, identifying training needs of CFM assistants, and ensuring that protection issues and concerns are effectively embedded in all WFP programming.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
· Acts as focal point for the identification and referral of extremely vulnerable Individuals and people with Specific Protection Needs for adequate assistance according to INTERSOS pre-defined criteria.
· Manages individual protection cases, including maintaining strict protocols for confidentiality and consent.
· Supports the collection of information/data about vulnerability, protection needs and concerns of the targeted population.
· Updates case files on individual developments, following international SOPs and ensuring beneficiaries’ data are protected.
· Conducts follow-up monitoring visits to ensure that needs have been met in an appropriate manner and beneficiary have the opportunity to provide feedback on the assistance received.
· Contributes to the establishment/maintenance of a referral pathway, respectful of the confidentiality principle and international SOPs.
· Prepares and timely submit activity plans and reports to hierarchy.
· Provides constant feedback to supervisor on progress, lesson learnt, achievements and gaps, issues and problems.
· Liaises with relevant public authorities and service providers in order to foster effective collaboration and encourage national interest and ownership in protection of IDPs, refugees and other persons of concern.
· Any other duties as may be assigned by the Protection Project Manager;
· Conduct duties in accordance with INTERSOS Nigeria programme and protection Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
· Conduct duties in strict accordance with INTERSOS Code of Conduct and the principle of confidentiality.
· Minimum of B.Sc./HND in Social Sciences, Public Administration, Economics or related field.
· At least 3 years of prior experience as a Protection officer.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in humanitarian context and protection program
· Background/familiarity with Emergency.
· Good command of written and spoken English. Kanuri and Hausa Languages is desirable
· Computer literate (Word and Excel);
· Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality required
· Good speaking, writing and reading skills
· Be computer literate including Microsoft Office programs (Word and Excel).
· Fluency in English, both written and oral including local language ad advantage
· Hard working, comfortable with local culture and norms of the project communities, good knowledge of the project implementation area and good interpersonal relationship skills.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted. Application deadline: apply no later than 26th June 2020 at 4:00 PM
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.