PSS TL/Case Worker TL
Job position- PSS TL/Case Worker TL
Work location– Bama
Reporting to– (Hierarchical): Protection Officer (Technical): PSS/GBV Specialist
Supervision of– PSS worker/Caseworker
General purpose of the position
The role is responsible for the organisation and coordination of all PSS activities implemented in support of COVID-19 Response activities at field level. Activities include information dissemination, individual and group counselling, vocational training, and provision of recreational activities. The role holder, in liaison with the Case Management team, provides a seamless and holistic service to beneficiaries. S/he provides technical support and supervision for the implementation of PSS activities in-line with current best practices
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
· Conducts individual assessments and counselling (individuals/group) for the diagnosis of possible psychological disorders and the identification of a therapeutic intervention plan for people identified and referred by the case management team following the opening of a CM case file; carries out a PSS intervention plan for each client after receiving their consent.
· Provides continuous psycho-social support via regular follow-up meetings, establishing a relationship built on trust and respecting confidentiality protocols; ensure that any progress on the individual therapeutic intervention plan and any significant change in the client’s psychosocial well-being and overall situation is duly recorded in a timely fashion;
· Closes cases when the objectives in the PSS intervention plan have been met and no further needs have been identified;
· Participates in individual supervision sessions on a weekly basis with the PSS-GBV Specialist, bringing immediate attention to any case of special/emergency needs; identifying gaps and PSS training needs and develops training tools and materials.
· Participates in internal and external (partners& stakeholders) case conferences (when relevant), team meetings, training and workshops as scheduled by the supervisory and management team;
· Supports the planning, implementation and reporting on all protection activities via weekly work plans, schedules and people management;
· Supports positive team dynamics and a healthy work environment where caseworkers feel comfortable and supported in sharing experiences, challenges and feelings;
· Documents all reporting on PSS activities as per INTERSOS and donor reporting regulations and transmit these on a weekly basis to the Protection Officer for further handling. Engages in regular feedback and dialogue with the Protection Officer on the quantitative reporting;
· Oversees the proper and safe filing and archiving of PSS client files and activity reports files to maintain data confidentiality as per INTERSOS and international standards;
· Carries out all tasks respecting key protection principles, including but not limited to; do no harm; non-discrimination; confidentiality, accountability, and; need-to-know principles.
· Contributes to regular service mapping, updates to the service directory and support the development of referral systems with different service providers and the local NGO/CSO partner; ensuring good relationships and coordination.
· Identifies and assists in the analysis of PSS trends in the overall caseload; flagging PSS and security issues and contribute to the identification of appropriate responses;
· Oversees the planning and implementation of vocational training/life skills acquisition, recreational activities, focus group discussions, and training workshops as instructed by the supervisory/managerial team;
· Coordinates and supervises all activities in the CC/WGFS, ensuring that schedules and work plans are in-line with SOPs and that activities are carried out as per project guidelines;
· Strengthens existing community-based PSS and peer support group activities, where such exist and help to develop them where none currently exist;
· Collaborates and coordinates with INTERSOS teams from other departments (WASH, Health & Nutrition, Livelihoods, etc…) in order to ensure holistic solutions to beneficiaries’ needs;
· Minimum of university degree in a related field (e.g. Social Work, Psychology, Law, etc);
· Minimum of 3-years of relevant work experience in psychology, social work, counselling, etc with at least 1-year of work experience with an INGO, NGOs and/or local authorities in Nigeria;
· Essential computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail, etc…);
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; with fluency in English, Kanuri and Hausa.
· Excellent analytical and reporting skills;
· Willing to work extra hours and available at the weekend for emergency cases;
· Capacity to work under pressure and willingness to work and live in a complex context;
How to apply:
This is a proposal position, and recruitment depends on funding. Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 21st May 2020 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.