Psycho-Social Support Facilitator
Job position – Psycho-Social Support Facilitator
Work location – Bama
Reporting to – PSS Team lead
Supervision of – N/A
General-purpose of the position
Under the guidance of the PSS Team Leader and working in collaboration with the Case Worker Team Leader, the role supports in the organisation and coordination of all PSS activities implemented in the WGFS/CC at field level. Activities include information, individual and group counselling, vocational training, and provision of recreational activities.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
· In collaboration with PSS Team Leader, designs and implements weekly schedule for recreation and PSS activities with the aim of creating access for women in the community center/WGF
· Ensures consistent psycho-social help for the beneficiaries by means of follow-up gatherings, setting up a relationship based on trust and regarding classification conventions; group counselling for the people identified through self-referral, referral form the case management team and other sectors/partners
· Participates in internal case conferences (when relevant), team meetings, trainings and workshops as scheduled by the supervisory and management team;
· In collaboration with the PSS Team Leader, compiles and sends weekly reports on PSS activities to the Protection Officer for further handling.
· Provides technical support and supervision to the volunteers for the implementation of PSS activities in-line with current best practices.
· Ensures proper and safe filing and archiving of PSS beneficiaries’ files and activity reports files to maintain data confidentiality as per INTERSOS and international standards;
· Contributes to regular service mapping, updates to the service directory and support the development of referral systems with different service providers and the local NGO/CSO partner;
· Collaborates with internal and external departments & other partners to ensure holistic solutions to beneficiaries’ needs.
· Carries out all tasks respecting key protection principles, including but not limited to; Do no harm; Non-discrimination; Confidentiality, Accountability, and; Need-to-know principles
· University degree in a related field (e.g. Psychology, Social Work, etc.);
· Minimum 3-years of relevant work experience in psychology, social work, counselling, etc.;
· Minimum 1-year of relevant experience with an INGO, NGOs and/or local authorities in Nigeria;
· Fluency in English, Kanuri and Hausa.
· Essential computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail, internet, etc.)
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
· Excellent analytical and reporting skills;
· Leadership, people management and coaching skills;
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
· Willing to work extra hours and available at the weekend for emergency cases;
· Capacity to work under pressure and willingness to work and live in a complex context.
How to apply:
HOW TO APPLY
This is a proposal position, and recruitment depends on funding. Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 21st May 2020 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.