Psychologist at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – Switzerland – 2 Openings
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Psychologist
Locations: Ngala / Gambaru & Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Providing psychological support to patients according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to improve the patients’ mental health.
- Carrying out evaluation of mental health needs of patients and establishing a diagnosis and a plan of treatment. Informing the patient and his/her relatives about the possible consequences of the illness and the drug treatment to follow and referring patients to other health professionals whenever necessary, in order to provide the most appropriate treatment and improve the patient’s condition
- Implementing the Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol, identifying possible victims of SGBV and referring them to the medical team so that they receive the necessary treatment.
- Providing psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols in order to improve their mental health conditions
- Assisting and training staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities. Working in close collaboration with translators in order to ensure appropriate terminology and behavior during sessions
- Collecting statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities
- Informing the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective
- Ensuring that all patient information is kept confidential.
- Essential degree or diploma in Psychology
- Essential 2 years’ experience minimum as a Psychologist
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries
- Commitment, Flexibility, Stress Management, Results, Teamwork
- Candidate applying must have a valid National Identity Card issued by NIMC & a BVN number
N300,000 – N350,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
8th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications in a sealed envelope at:
Opposite Gambaru Police Station and Maiduguri MSF Offices.
Send the Applications to: [email protected]
Note: Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.