Purchasing Officer at Willers Solutions Limited
Willers Solutions Limited – Our client, a reputable firm is recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job TypeFull Time
Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Control purchasing department budgets.
- Interview and hire staff, and oversee staff training.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy
- Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
- Represent companies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying, selling, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
- Prepare bid awards requiring board approval.
- Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs.
- Administer on-line purchasing systems.
- Arrange for disposal of surplus materials.
- Proven work experience as a Purchasing Officer
- Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors)
- Hands-on experience with purchasing software (e.g. Procurify or SpendMap)
- Understanding of supply chain procedures
- Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses
- Negotiation skills
- BSc in Logistics, Business Administration or relevant field.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.