QHSE Officer at Alpha Mead Group
Our primary focus is to provide facility management, project management and real estate development consultancy, training and professional services delivery support to corporate organisations and private investors with major real estate assets. We pride ourselves in the delivery of high quality professional services while ensuring minimum total life cycle co…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Safety and Environment / HSE
- Performs reporting, risk assessments and auditing and observes all QHSE related activities and policies within a location
- The Safety Officer is responsible for monitoring and assessing hazardous and unsafe situations and developing measures to assure personnel safety.
- Correct unsafe acts or conditions through the regular line of authority.
- Participate in planning meetings to identify any health and safety concerns inherent in the operations daily work-plan.
- Review the Incident Action Plan for safety implications.
- Investigate accidents that have occurred within incident areas.
- Ensure preparation and implementation of Site Safety and Health Plan (SSHP).
- Inspects the site to ensure it is a hazard-free environment.
- Trains and carries out drills and exercises on how to manage emergency situations.
- Conducts job hazard analysis.
- Watches out for the safety of all workers and works to protect them from entering hazardous situations.
- Responds to employee safety concerns.
- Support the development of OHS policies and programs.
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures.
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle workers compensation claims.
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management.
- Carry out PTW Monitoring and review.
- 3 – 5 years experience part of which must have been in a healthcare environment. Alternatively, the candidate should have a first degree in a healthcare-related course.
- Relevant HSE certification (NISP, NEBOSH, etc.).
- QMS training certificate or experience.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.