Quantity Surveyor at an Engineering Firm – Talents and Skills Africa Consulting
Talents and Skills Africa Consulting – Our client, an Engineering firm specializing in power systems planning and maintenance as well as other power related projects and engineering services is currently recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are recruiting a Quantity Surveyor, who will be responsible for managing all aspects of contractual and financial matters of construction projects.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client.
- Undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance of project work.
- Assist in establishing a client’s requirements and undertake feasibility studies.
- Price/forecast the cost of the different materials needed for the project
- Conduct contract costing and check variations
- Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjust budget projections accordingly
- Procure or agree the services of contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the construction of the project
- Measure and value the work done on site
- Pay subcontractors
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers and site engineers
- Select and/or source construction materials.
- Write reports and give feedback to relevant parties.
Educational Qualifications / Experience
- HND or BSC in Quantity Surveying or any related course
- 3 years practical and broad experience on the job
- Must be well-grounded in MEP
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Organizational skills- Ability to organize daily tasks by priorities
- Detail-oriented- Having an eye for details required in managing tasks and reporting
- Strategic planning skills and resourcefulness.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2021.