Quantity Surveyor at Sterling Oil Exploration and Energy Production Company Limited (SEEPCO)
Sterling Oil Exploration & Energy Production Company Limited (SEEPCO) is an indigenous company that ventured into Exploration and Production (E&P) business in the year 2005. SEEPCO participated in the 2005 bid round held by Department of Petroleum Resoucres (DPR) and was successful with license OML 143 (formerly OPL 280).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Employment Type: Contract
Reporting Line: Civil Site Manager
- We are looking to hire a Quantity Surveyor who will manage the contractual and financial side of our construction projects.
- Develop and implement new purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification
- Purchase goods or services that meet the quantity and quality expectations of the organization.
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing contracts with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Research new materials for design and cost savings
- Maintain and implement construction preform/budget for each project
- Create scopes of work, forecast upcoming demand and assist in settling invoice or contract disputes, handle change order requests.
- Issue purchase orders for procurement and expedition of materials and equipment for jobs.
- Ensure compliance to project budgets and provide analysis of deviations, ensure accurate take-offs to ensure budgets are accurate.
- Ensure that all subcontractors and suppliers provide insurance policies for products delivered
- Ensure awareness and company compliance to all building codes and local construction guidelines.
- Produce reports and statistics using computer software.
- Assist in maintaining company quality control program
- Leverage technology, safety measures, and information sharing to increase productivity and profitability
- Handle change order requests and forecast upcoming demand
- Manage materials/equipment inventory
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying and other related fields.
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in Quantity survey
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to organize, plan and strategize.
- Experience working in the Oil and Gas, Petrochemicals or power plants industry
- Sound knowledge of construction.
- Proficient in standard industry software
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using "Quantity Surveyor" as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 31st August, 2022.