Quantity Surveyor, Procurement at People Capacity Management (PCM)
People Capacity Management is an HR and Management Consulting firm based in Lagos, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor, Procurement
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Measure quantities from drawings
- Issue detailed tender enquiries
- Analyse and negotiate most competitive tenders based on cost, programme, performance and quality
- Submit detailed tender analysis to Procurement Manager for approval
- Monitor and review procurement – including placing subcontract orders and ensure they arrive accurately presented, checked, on-time and within budget
- Ensure all subcontract orders are signed and returned by the subcontractor in a timely manner
- Monitor and update initial estimates and contractual obligations as the construction progresses based on additional works and variations
- Produce Preliminary Tender Lists for each work package
- Carry out tender list Evaluation & Pre-qualification
- Confirm compliance to specification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Management, or similar.
- 3 – 5 years work experience.
- Construction estimating or finance experienced is advantageous.
- Ability to organize, plan, and strategize.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Great networking abilities.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Sound knowledge of construction.
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Proven working experience as a Procurement Manager, Procurement Officer or Head of Procurement is an added advantage.
- Applicants must reside in Abuja.
Application Closing Date
28th May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.