Radiographer at the Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMoH)
The Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMoH) is a Principal Recipient (PR) for Integrated Global Fund Grant comprising of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Resilient Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH). As the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health is legally responsible for the management of the integrated grant ensuring achievement of the programmatic results and accountability of the grant financial resources.
To fulfill the mandate of the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health has established the Grant Management Unit (GMU) to carry out the functions of the PR. The Grant Management Unit works with other implementing units (TB,HIV,RSSH) within the LSMoH, Sub-Recipients (SRs) and other implementing partners in executing its mandate an ensuring that the grant is managed and implemented in compliance with grant agreement signed between the Global Fund and the Principal Recipient.
The Grant Management Unit, Lagos State Ministry of Health is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Radiographer
Reporting to: STBLCP / GMU
Duration of Contract: 10 months (March – December, 2020)
Reporting to: STBLCP / GMU
Specific Objectives and Duties
- Obtain x-ray images of the patients through the process of radiographic imaging along with proper diagnosis.
- Carry out Chest x-rays on the mobile x-ray vans
- Liaise with the Site supervisor and field team on site to ensure smooth workflow and maximize system efficiency throughout chest x-ray screening activities.
- Ensure all adequate safety measure are taken to avoid any undue exposure to radiation
- Ensure proper handling and use of x-ray equipment, and related software
- Ensure all individuals (coming in for an x-ray) are managed, prepared and guided adequately
- Ensure that data (such as patient IDs, demographics, CAD scores etc.) is entered into the system
- Ensure that there is no mishandling of equipment and accessories and that all start up and shut down protocols are followed.
- Support other staff members of the team when required
- Perform other related duties as required
- Maintain strict confidentiality guidelines regarding all clients, conversations and referrals
- Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Radiography.
- License of Practice by Radiographers Registration Board of Nigeria
- Good computer skills, including familiarity and comfort with using MS Excel.
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility across a range of field and office related tasks
- Good attitude, self-motivated and ability to work well individually as well as in a team.
- A two years’ work experience in any of the radiography programs
- A license according to the state laws
- Experience with a non-governmental organization will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
11:59PM; 1st March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter (not more than one page) and CV as a single document to: [email protected] using the Job Position and Full name as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advanced to the next statge of the selection.